Not available in Chennai

srinivas2005

ISP
bsnl
For more than 3 weeks I'm waiting to buy Videocon D2H DVR. But, whenever I check, the DVR not is stock is the standard reply I'm getting from the sales person. Whether Videocon really services chennai market well? any issues with the customer care? Is it really worth to buy it when buying the DVR itself is taking so much time?

Were you have ordered the DVR?on CC or with the Dealer.........

I'm yet to order. But the dealers are saying that videocon DVR stock is not available. Even the CC is redirecting me to the local dealers only. There is no option to buy from CC directly.

That is only for Mumbai... at-least that is what their website says... "Online Sale for HD DVR Products available in Mumbai only."Have you tried it??? Did you get it delivered? I spoke to CC and got some numbers of shops from where I can get it.. went there today only to find out that its not in stock.. I personally know about 5 people who have gone to other DTH bcoz Videocon d2h is not available in market. I thought of waiting because I already have TS STB connection. But they were left with no option but to take some connection at that time.

I am sorry about that... i didnt check properly... There is a Request call button, why cant you register there so that they will call you and assist.

I have given my number for Request call yesterday morning.. So far no one has called back... My sister has got d2h connection 2 weeks back in pune.. they got it installed in 2 hours!!!But sadly in chennai.. I couldn't even locate a shop which sells d2h connections and even if I locate.... they dont have HD DVR in stock.. I found one HD DVR in one of the shops in ttk road in chennai.. it was manufactured in OCT 2010.. worth buying it? Hopeless sales team from Videocon here in chennai.. esp. when it is so good in other parts of india.. I dont understand the reason behind it..

Hi Srinivas,Any luck buying the device locally. I'm in Kottivakkam and called customer service and they gave me 3 numbers of nearby dealers. One number was disconnected and another guy said that he stopped selling videocon products. Another guy was not willing to show me a demo, since I wanted to make sure the hd dvr box works with my NTSC TV.

I didn't get it. Now they have officially remove the HD DVR sales from online sales in the website.. I did go and check in the shop where I found only one piece of HD DVR still available here in chennai. Now another doubt has come up in my mind. Whether I would be given the 90 cm dish or the normal one. Since already almost all of DVR stock has vanished now. I now have the doubt whether the dish stock would also be in the same state..

I'm taking a risk now.. Only because of the review which I found in this forum... I have bought the DVR.. only to find that the box doesn't contain the HDMI cable... is it so? They will not provide DVR cable with HD DVR STB?? Someone please reply fast.. Installation guys are yet to turn up.. will they bring it with them? Thanks.

They will provide HDMI and composite cable both. Don't hesitate to ask them if they are not providing.

Please post back with results, after your installation. Is it required to signup for expensive HD packages or can we buy the DVR and still stick to the lowest basic package. I'm not looking for HD content, all I want is just the DVR which will work with my samsung LED tv from USA.

Thank you India Broadband forum, Jaymin and IndianMascot!! Finally I have got my HD DVR installed yesterday. I am happy with the service and clarity. HD quality is awesome. The technicians had come and installed it yesterday with 90cms dish after initially saying that it would take 4 days for that to arrive. It was rainy day! But since it was also rainy day, They manged to have it near to 100% for both quality and signal strength on a rainy day. which was a blessing in disguise. 🙂I surely didn't expect them to come and install it on a rainy day. But since they did it. I surely feel very happy. I had also mailed Vineet Budki( I picked it up from one of his post in a thread here) with my customer ID numbers after he asked for it, I dont know whether it had any effect on the technicians coming to install it on a rainy day... I do feel some tamil channels appeared better in TS, it might be because of my eye getting set to HD quality.Other than that I dont have any complaint. So far so good!! Thank you!