Vodafone now has ads before caller tunes?

• Thread starter Thread starter Ankur85
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 17,143

Ankur85

ISP
Airtel
Today i activated caller-tune service on my prepaid phone after a long time and when i asked one of friends to call me........i was shocked to listen vodafone's adv or prompt whatever u may call it for good 8-9 seconds......:mad_2:Unless you are busy or commuting in a crowded place.......u would pick-up the phone in that time frame........I have written a e-mail to them......let's see their response...

they shudn't be putting ads in it coz its not a free service. they r charging u a monthly rental for it. cheap bastards.

i know for sure that they won't refund me the amount.......what i will do is to deactivate it before expiry of 30days subscription..........these companies find "cheap" ways to dupe their customers....

its actually irritating. Even Docomo does this! The ad goes like this " If you're a docomo customer. .plz press * to set this song as your caller tune" And then the song starts!

Airtel even tells you the subscription charges before the song starts. Caller tunes are pretty much worthless, imho.

Today i activated caller-tune service on my prepaid phone after a long time and when i asked one of friends to call me........i was shocked to listen vodafone's adv or prompt whatever u may call it for good 8-9 seconds......:mad_2:

Unless you are busy or commuting in a crowded place.......u would pick-up the phone in that time frame........

I have written a e-mail to them......let's see their response...

Give a call to their customer care. They will remove the ad that runs prior to the caller tune then and there itself. I have gotten ads removed from both my Vodafone and Airtel numbers by calling the CC. Takes 2 minutes.

Though I agree that ads should not run before the song in the first place.

^ How exactly? I was told point blank that if I picked the phone quickly, the caller wouldn't hear a tune and they (VF) could not do anything to disable it from one number. I told them to FO.

^ How exactly? I was told point blank that if I picked the phone quickly, the caller wouldn't hear a tune and they (VF) could not do anything to disable it from one number. I told them to FO.

I think all telecom companies have the option of disabling the ad that plays prior to the caller tune. Perhaps you talked to an executive who wasn't aware of this? If you still subscribe to the caller tune service try calling then again or send an email to their customer care. VF (at least in Delhi) has a decent email support. Almost everyone I know have the ads disabled - on VF/Airtel/Idea.

well , yesterday i got their reply from e-mail after 4 days.......and in the e-mail they offered me the same excuse...........luckily....the ads are still disabled though....