Getting a new connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Hemanth_1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 39
  • Views Views 5,893

Hemanth_1

ISP
Airtel
I'm using airtel right now, but the FUP limit is really annoying, sometimes speed goes down before using the limit, and i want to know if Beam is good.I saw the plans, 10Mbps for 1000Rs. and 15Mbps for 1500Rs. and it seems too good to be true, does it really provide such high speeds ? and also, i read about the FUP, but its okay, b'cuz even after crossing the limit, the speeds are still good, 1 - 4 Mbps. CC was really good in airtel, is it the same with Beam ?

Yes, they are providing these speeds. I am using 10 Mbps plan. For CC review, you can check other threads. 🙂If you want to use it for work purpose, its better to have a backup also.

Yes, they are providing these speeds. I am using 10 Mbps plan. For CC review, you can check other threads. 🙂

If you want to use it for work purpose, its better to have a backup also.

Are you getting the same speeds for torrents too?

heh. Beam CC is one of the worst in the country. Beam does provide the mentioned speeds but if there's any prob . .expect the response time of 24Hrs .I use beam and get 1MBps speed almost most of the time.

Are you getting the same speeds for torrents too?
Torrents also I get same speed. Also, upload data doesn't count for FUP purpose.

----------

Which area are you in?

Beam internet is very good. They do take their own time in fixing stuff though. So if you don't run into issues you should do fine. I'd also say the pros outweight the cons.

Torrents also I get same speed. Also, upload data doesn't count for FUP purpose.

----------

Which area are you in?

West Marredpally

Seriously NO for Serious Work. If its for normal use.. you can go for it. Anywhere its the same whether its marredpally or chikadpally.
and if you looking for Airtel Type service in beam its not possible. But still if you want 24*7 Internet get a back up connection like 3G or EVDO.

If you are agreeing to the above terms then you are welcome to Beam 24Hours Broadband.

^^Someone was saying its good in your area (No frequent downtime). This info is some 3 months back.

^^Someone was saying its good in your area (No frequent downtime). This info is some 3 months back.

In areas like Himayath nagar where i personally looked at the wiring. Mostly on the Roads or on the Main Roads Cabling is Good. They mostly laid underground where they felt the fiber will cut. the uptime reports are Good in that area.. Hyderguda,Himayath nagar...
I almost checked all the areas of where i felt my area also has bad wiring.. yes my area!

The only downtime I suffer is when they have issues with their central server which means everybody has a downtime. Otherwise I don't have any downtime.

I hope its true

in my area . .the wiring is in the open . but i had downtime of just half day in some 3-4 months . .Also i didnt get FUP'ed till now(this may change) And i get 1.2~1.3 MBps speed in torrents (if it has seeders) Am on Rs1000-10mbps plan. I would say . .go for it

Don't intend to hijack this thread, but on a side-note i'd like to ask what Operating system are you using bobbyguitarist and do you use a router ?
USe Windows 7 home premium . . And no router . .direct LAN wire connected to LAN card( Back of the comp)

AFAIK internet speed doesn't depend on OS, right?