• Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 2,893

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
I had purchased a Vodafone prepaid connection last week. Two guys came to my place today to verify the account. They asked me for a photocopy of an ID Card. And I gave them. And I just realized that it was a stupid thing to do. They can actually activate new SIMs using the document I just gave them. 😕 Freaking stupid on my part. Just saying. 🙁

They visited your place to verify stuff?..that's quite strange.I have purchased connections that got activated in just 1-2 hours of purchase 😕

connections are activated instantly. but folks visit your place to verify that you actually live at the address that is connected to the connection. and if the verification is not done, connection usually gets disabled.

I have never seen that happen actually.If there is any issue with the documents or verification.I either get a message or a call to re-submit the documents with in 72 hours.

well the official process is that verification is done by folks coming to your place.

i took at vodafone connection couple of months bck. no one came to verify at my place.

well no one usually does. it is a formality required by TRAI and few operators do it seriously. that is why i am sort of feeling idiotic to have given them the documentation.

they were from vodafone right? not the shop you bought the SIM from, so why would they give others connection in your name.

well no one usually does. it is a formality required by TRAI and few operators do it seriously.

that is why i am sort of feeling idiotic to have given them the documentation.
nxt time before handing over any xerox copies always sign across the area where ur name is. that way no one can misuse it coz sign will be a mismatch on the xerox and application form.
if u sign on the blank area they can tear it off.

heh. i am not sure who they were. they just asked me to verify my identity for the connection i took 3-4 days back.

and then they actually tried selling me an idea postpaid connection when they were leaving.

that made me suspicious.

why would verification guys try to sell me a new connection 😕

mighty stupid of me.

----------

yeap. need to do that next time around. i just did something stupid and that's why this thread. 😛

since they tried selling u an idea connection they r obviously not from vodafone.... unless vodafone guys have started a new side business !!!

well i thought the verification guys were generic to all the service providers. i guess i was wrong. i should have handled the situation more carefully. it was just an afterthought that giving a photocopy of my ID card was probably a stupid move from my side.

They come for verification only in case on postpaid ..This is first time I am hearing abt verification being done even for prepaid number ..

sum airtel bastards tried pulling a trick in my area once. they went to every house saying they r mtnl employees and tht mtnl is relocating the red phone box and has tied up with airtel to provide landline phones instead of directly from mtnl !!! tht story was so phuckin awesome i still remember it. !! they actually were convincing ppl to buy airtel landline connection on the spot with discounts etc. the 1st thing i did was ask them for id card !!! coz long time back a mtnl engg. had told me all telecom employees always have to carry id cards on the field.the minute i asked for id cards they started making all excuses. i just slammed the door on them.