bsnl broadband plan change

anupupadhye13

ISP
broadband 256kb/s
i have bbg 500 fn plan currently. i want to change it to an unlimited plan with good speed. currently i am getting upto 2 mbps (200 kbps) for torrents and IDM. i checked the available plans with bsnl site. but all are giving low speeds. also i have to be careful while changing plan coz the current plan is discontinued and if change to some other plan, i will not be able to revert back. pls help.

Mention your budget. You won't find an unlimited 1 Mbps plans with BSNL. I am 512 Kbps unlimited which is ok for me. You need to select between speed and bandwidth.

i can spend upto 600 bucks but cannot opt for a combo plan as i will lose my 'yna' plan on landline for free calling. tell me a bbg plan. how much your plan costs ?? and is it 512 kbps for full usage or limited to some extent? can you play youtube videos with that speed without buffer struck??

UL 750 - 512 Kbps pure unlimited. There is buffering, but manageable. Hard to get what you need in Rs. 600. The lowest UL plan is UL 499 - 256 Kbps pure unlimited - Rs. 499 + telephone rent + 10.3 % tax.

i will get it for 600 under the govt employee discount scheme. how much speed in kbps u get for torrents and on IDM? can u go a bit further helping me and upload a video (recorded on mobile) of how fast youtube plays for you??? pls if u can 🙂

(Rs. 600 + telephone rent ) + 10.3 % taxMinimum 600 + 100 = 700 + 70 = Rs. 770Will try to upload the video. But it takes around 2 minutes for a normal 360p song and I can watch live cricket match without any issue.

ok.. upload the video if u can and lemme know. it will be 600+tax+180(one india)+99(yna) :O i should be able to download a 700mb mov in 4hrs.. not bad !

I am happy with UL 750, but I won't mind if they increase the speed. I hurts mainly when you need to download files of 2 GB or higher size. Will test your patience. If you can manage your day time usage, better stick with current plan.

hmm... i am confused coz from mon to fri i have office so i use net only in the evenings. but on sat-sun i use it a lot for streaming videos and cross my 2.5gb limit. one thing is true for the unl plan, for downloading movies i can schedule the downloads when i leave for office and enjoy streaming on holidayz... 😀 i think i should go for it though there is no turning back.. 🙂

hey,, got a call from bsnl official ragarding the lead. he wanted to verify the signature. the phone is in the name of my sis and she stays at a different place. so could not arrange for their meeting. had to give a written application. also here they don change the plan in middle of a mth. will have to wait till dec starting. thnx for the guidance though. maybe if i had gone through the lead id thing till the end, they would have changed my plan by now. maybe...

got my plan changed on 1st and its pretty good.. u dont have any tension about the usage limits now and then.. just go on surfing and streaming and what not. 😀 on youtube its comfortable with 240p quality but stucks with 360p (not a big thing to bother about). for torrents and idm you get a speed of man 60 kbps.. takes 4 hrs to download a 700mb torrent movie. can listen to online radio stations as long as you want with no problems at all... overall its a decent plan to go for.. thumbs up 😀

You are a lucky Man, keep your finger crossed. Might be you are from a city where Bsnl officials still work 😉After many years of Happy service, 2011 turned out to be a disaster for BSNL Broadband in our town.If i say it was "Pathetic" it would be insult of the word "Pathetic"I've just got BSNL Broadband disconneccted and moved full time to Reliance Netconnect+ as It was used even with BSNL Plan cause BSNL worst in Allahabad.if its working for you Enjoy the Cap Free Plan