Does TS+ HD works with CRT tv (not expecting HD Channels but just recording)

• Thread starter Thread starter dOne
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 4,968

dOne

Curious
ISP
BSNL 500 Combo
Can anyone let me know if TS + HD works with normal CRT tv with RCA cables?I have asked this to TS Help but they said people are facing problem with sound in such situation.It it True?

Well it does have the composite out cables, though I do not whether it would work with a CRT - it does work with the composite on the LCD for sure. I think it should on the CRT also as the signal on composite is the same be it LCD or CRT - it is from the same STB.That said, TS+ HD is not worht getting for a CRT, I am sure you would have been told this by many. You just wouldn't notice the HD quality differnece on a CRT

My main purpose behind getting is Recording program and as plain TS+ is no more available so TS+HD is only option available.Pls. share if there any other option.

It does work.. I used it on my BPL TV (25", 1996 model)... But as you might already know, you wouldn't get the HD channels in 1080i on CRT TV... would have to change the setting for 576i (don't think they have 480p resolution in settings)