• Thread starter Thread starter The-Lord
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 37
  • Views Views 5,141

The-Lord

Regular
ISP
TATA indicom
My relative is coming back in a week, he said he can buy me a phone. I just wanted to know which phone is considerably cheaper there, compared to here.I already looked at the nexus S, im open for more devices.My budget us $300 to $400.Thanks in advance.

friend is coming back from USA next week and for the first time, i really had nothing planned to get him to get me.i wanted to get Galaxy nexus but it is delayed (gsm unlocked edition). prices are not really lower. even if you look at the ipad, the difference is just a couple of thousand bucks. phones are definitely not cheap in usa because unlocked versions are not popular and are usually overpriced. what you can do is to look at stuff which is not really available in india and you want to get it. avoid getting phones.

Well getting phones is indeed a good idea if you get the right one. I mean, buy any new AT&T locked phone and get it here. There areplenty of those on eBay from genuine sellers. YOu do save a lot of bucks compared to buying the same stuff here. There are the LG Thrill and Motorola Atrix, both available for around 280 - 300 USD, and the Atrix 2 for 350 USD. If you want an unlocked, you can look at the Xperia range, though personally, I wouldn't recommend them

No point of buying nexus s now. Specs are outdated. Get a motorola atrix 2 for around 350$. For a similar price you can also find an LG optimus g2x or a motorola droid 3.

No point of buying nexus s now. Specs are outdated. Get a motorola atrix 2 for around 350$. For a similar price you can also find an LG optimus g2x or a motorola droid 3.
Cool, but can i unlock it for usage here?

Well getting phones is indeed a good idea if you get the right one. I mean, buy any new AT&T locked phone and get it here. There areplenty of those on eBay from genuine sellers. YOu do save a lot of bucks compared to buying the same stuff here. There are the LG Thrill and Motorola Atrix, both available for around 280 - 300 USD, and the Atrix 2 for 350 USD. If you want an unlocked, you can look at the Xperia range, though personally, I wouldn't recommend them

Where can i get it for 350$? I can't seem to find any :-X

How do you guys order from USA /UK ebay sellers who say they do not ship outside USA/UK? Any one using Aramex club which offers their C/O Newyork/London office (with your Aramex club a/c no)?It seems you have to pay $45 or so to become member. shipping is around $ 50 to start with per 1/2 kg and similar increments.

It's not club, it's Aramex SnS. I use it frequently. Your rates are all messed up 😛It is $10 for the first 500 grams and then $8 for every 500 grams thereafter. Customs are charged at actuals, it is 2.3% for phones.I opened an account for $5, well worth the one time investment as these guys are very professional, and I also use it a lot.