Apple iPhone

Is India a junkyard to dispose their refurbished items?

^ India is one of the last markets in the world to get these refurbished phones. These are common in the US

Humm there are many queris about avaliblity but no reliable source available in comments you can find that ppl checked about availiblity but no positive feed backSuch product will be popular in india due to cost effectiveness

Apple mormally use the conversion rate as 66 so the prive will be approx 40 & 43 k These conversion rate is applied for other apple product where they directly involved but in this case mobole operator are involved so they will add there margin also

um where do they get the products in the first place? i mean they're used iphone4 right? returned by the people who terminated their contracts?

^ Refurbished phones are pieces which were returned because they had issues. The manufacturer then replaces the faulty parts, does all the regular sanity tests and then releases it for sale. Since effectively it is a 'used' piece - even if 1 day used, it is used - they sell it for cheaper.

Is India a junkyard to dispose their refurbished items?

No. In this case India is not being treated as a Junkyard. It is in line with Apple's worldwide sales policy. Refurbished iPhones are sold by Apple stores worldwide. These devices are ones that were returned by customers for various reasons. If the device has any issues they are refurbished/fixed by Apple. Then they are sold with an Apple India warranty like any other iPhone. This means you will be able to get it replaced if you have any issues with it. Although the refurbished phone will not have any of the packaging like a new one.

It provides an opportunity for people, who do not want to pay the premium price of an Apple product, to own one for a cheaper price.

This sales strategy of selling refurbished items, although new to India, is very common in international markets and for a variety of products and brands.

right. we actually need more companies to offer refurbished items. they make for interesting budget purchases. but for that we would need these companies to have a return policy in the first place. heh.

😀 Your eyes itself seems to be magnifying glass when it comes to browsing internet 😛

https://twitter.com/#!/Airtel_Presence/status/137065192931594240

Also just noticed that Airtel has changed the URL of their iPhone mini site. And they have not even redirected properly.

Old links are not working I believe. Here is some evidence.

airtel.in/i-phone/learn-more.html is a dead page now.

of course i had tweeted about them using i-phone in the mini-site URL... not sure if that's what caused this change!