Confused between Sony Xperia mini Pro and Nokia E6

• Thread starter Thread starter sachin_
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,504

sachin_

ISP
BSNL
Hello Friends, I am confused between two mobile phones Sony Xperia mini Pro and Nokia E6.Both are under INR 15K. Xperia mini Pro has some static issue (not sure if it has got fixed in the newer models), and Nokia E6 has Symbian (With fixed focus 8MP camera).I am sure Xperia mini Pro won't go beyond Android Gingerbread because Android Ice Cream Sandwich requires two processor cores and Nokia E6 will gets upgraded to Symbian Belle in December 2011.I am kind of inclined towards Nokia E6 but not able to make up my mind (Future of Symbian look bleak - with Nokia parting ways and shifting its focus to Windows OS). Xperia min Pro looks kind of cool too (but sucks on battery).Please help me in making the best choice.

Whats ur primary use?? office docs, fair camera, good talktime? Then go for E6.Better get a demo of the phones from any shop and then decide.

Upvote 0
Whats ur primary use?? office docs, fair camera, good talktime? Then go for E6.

Better get a demo of the phones from any shop and then decide.

Thanks Sid,
I am looking for a overall good device. I have gone through the demo of both the phones but still not able to make my mind :Confuzzled:.
I will be using this phone for Skype video call, instant messaging on Google talk, I commute to office via cab so I might utilize this time by going through any movie or reading/listening through any eBook, I will be checking my mails, office documents are not my priority, a good browser is a plus for occasional surfing (going through the updates in Broadbandforum.in :lashes🙂. I know that good battery life for smart phones is currently a dream but a relative good battery life will do.

Upvote 0
I am sure Xperia mini Pro won't go beyond Android Gingerbread because Android Ice Cream Sandwich requires two processor cores and Nokia E6 will gets upgraded to Symbian Belle in December 2011.

Not true. Even Nexus S has a single core processor and is getting ICS. Who told you ICS requires a dual core processor?

Upvote 0
Thanks bobbyguitarist for the help 🙂

----------

Not true. Even Nexus S has a single core processor and is getting ICS. Who told you ICS requires a dual core processor?

Hi Manu, I have read it somewhere that it (ICS) will only support dual-core processors; although I am not sure about its authenticity, thanks for pointing that out 🙂.

Upvote 0
buy a android phone with a decent screen size of around 3.7 inch min and 800Mhz processor with 512MB RAM and 2GB Space with a good GPU.

Upvote 0