Apple iPhone

I think if they really want sales they should not charge the consumer full amount for the handset and still keep the handset locked. Dunno if they are bound by policy from Apple but atleast they can then take part payment then charge the rest in the plan, also sucks is the fact the internet usage charges seem very unfair. But i guess this topic must have been discussed a zillion times. its the same story "the apathy" shown by service providers towards consumers. It will be interesting to see the pricing when they launch 4s

It was sold unlocked, but I think under contract. Also, there are only certain special tariff plans that iPhone users could opt for, and no option for prepaid.

nope. no contracts. you have the option to take their special plans which had discounts applicable on that device. the idea was reverse subsidy. you could save money on your purchase by getting a plan costing 3000 rupees per month for just 1500 bucks. something on that line. you could simply buy the device and use it with any other sim.

ohh ... i must have missed that thanks for pointing it out admin.

----------

if no lock and no contract then i will get my hands on the 4s once its out and if its not overpriced by airtel.

Lol you changed the pic!!! when i commented it was aircel wall post which said they are bringing it on nov 25. on that i commented. 2 days back they just posted coming soon i guess