25gb speed=12mbps with 25gb is it wow?

• Thread starter Thread starter Delhi
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 46
  • Views Views 17,031
yup I saw this add too just few min back in tdy TOI....I think after FUP speed is 1MBps for Rs 999 unlike with airtel where speeds go do down to crappy 256kbps no matter what plan you on...still You BB is pretty new will need to knw how their service and uptime is

No mention of the price (could not find at site also) .. of the charges beyond that 25 GB .. I mean how much per MB or GB is the cost @ 1 mbps...

@anant ru an airtel customer? iam trying to shift from tata to airtel ..reason is price of my plan is too high for just 300+ speed can u pls tell me how many downtimes u have in a month?

12 Mbps till 25 GB. 1 Mbps thereafter. Unlimited. No additional per MB / GB charge. Plan cost is increased to Rs 1,102 from Rs 999 earlier.

-------------------------------------

Here is speed test result..

12 Mbps till 25 GB. 1 Mbps thereafter. Unlimited. No additional per MB / GB charge. Plan cost is increased to Rs 1,102 from Rs 999 earlier.

i think plan is still 999 they may have added service tax into that picture u shared

I doubt that its unlimited....

2 reasons

1) Link shows other plans with data usage as "unlimited" but these as data usage "25 GB etc"

See YOU VALUE UN-599-N, YOU VALUE UN-699-N, YOU VALUE UN-899-N & YOU VALUE UN-1099-N for example....

http://www.youbroadband.in/tariffplans/chennai_broadbandplans.php#unlimited_plans

2) Link shows 1212 unlimited plan where 25 GB @ 2 mbps & then 256 kbps... compare this YOU VALUE UN-1099-N plan with what you are saying "HURRICANE YOU" plan & see if it makes any sense

----------

More on 2nd point

25 GB @ 2mbps then 256 kbps @ 1212 &
25 GB @ 12 mbps then 1 mbps @ 999

Does not make any sense right?

----------

Hence "my conclusion" is that the 2nd one is a chargeable plan beyond 25 GB

Interesting, but that means their website is a mess.. with whatever I mention making no justification.. SO you have used several GBs beyond that & not been charged extra?

Interesting, but that means their website is a mess.. with whatever I mention making no justification.. SO you have used several GBs beyond that & not been charged extra?

They can't charge you extra in this way, because its prepaid 🙂

I doubt that its unlimited....

2 reasons

1) Link shows other plans with data usage as "unlimited" but these as data usage "25 GB etc"

See YOU VALUE UN-599-N, YOU VALUE UN-699-N, YOU VALUE UN-899-N & YOU VALUE UN-1099-N for example....

YOU Broadband & Cable India Limited: Leading High Speed Broadband Internet Service provider in India. Super Fast Connection.

2) Link shows 1212 unlimited plan where 25 GB @ 2 mbps & then 256 kbps... compare this YOU VALUE UN-1099-N plan with what you are saying "HURRICANE YOU" plan & see if it makes any sense

----------

More on 2nd point

25 GB @ 2mbps then 256 kbps @ 1212 &
25 GB @ 12 mbps then 1 mbps @ 999

Does not make any sense right?

----------

Hence "my conclusion" is that the 2nd one is a chargeable plan beyond 25 GB

Didn't anyone notice: "* Rs.700/- Installation Charges Extra" - at the bottom of the tariff page, HURRICANE YOU 1102 Plan. Looks like this plan attracts some extra installation charges compared to others.

Now the next question is if it's a one time or monthly, yes of course most installation charges are one time only. But better be safe than sorry by checking this before taking the connection. FYI - Installation charge for all other plans is Rs. 550

Anyways i called them to check for availability in Bangalore & was told they only operate in some area's like Jayanagar etc

same here althought they are available in Pune, they cover very obscure areas.. strange....

Ill address some concerns here ..Been using You broadband since august 2011 .. there is very little downtime but yes it does happen ... the CC is pretty decent and 100000 times better than reliance ..I was under the 1mpbs unlimited @ 1434 plan but later migrated to 12mbps till 25gb and 1mbps thereafter .. i never get 12mbps but still i get download speeds of 500 - 700 kbps ( still decent for the money which is now increased to 1102/- including taxes ) . I do get 1mbps after using 25 gb which i usually finish in 5 days flat .. at times the speeds do become slow but its not slow all the time ...the installation charges mentioned are for new customers .. i was already exsisting customer when they introduced 12mbps plan so i paid nothing extra .. im based in mumbai ..Hyderabad has the best plans though .. they have you transformer 1 which is 10mbps till 40 gb and 2 mbps thereafter for Rs 936 /- And yes I do agree that their plan rates are very strange, for example they are charging 1434/- for 1 mbps unlimited and are now charging 1102 /- for you hurricane which gives 12mbps till 25 gb and 1 mbps unlimited thereafter .. so why will anyone opt for only 1mbps unlimited plan i really dont know ??

@anant ru an airtel customer? iam trying to shift from tata to airtel ..reason is price of my plan is too high for just 300+ speed can u pls tell me how many downtimes u have in a month?

I left airtel 2mths back. there is no downtime as such but Airtel itself has become horrible to deal with. They have imposed FUP on all of their plans where after FUP speeds go down to 256kbps thats not all they have started throttling of speeds on torrents and ytube also so even if you dont cross the FUP ur unlikely to get proper speeds as per the plan.

Better go with MTNL if u have it in ur area much better option...