BSNL Broadband Increasing Speeds on their plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter cyberflame
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 444
  • Views Views 84,873
UL750 is supposed to become ULD750 (1 Mbps till 6GB, 512 Kbps after) all over India, since the start of February. That's why you are getting 120 KBps.

yeah just checked it out.. Thanks

great! now my fup has kicked in at 18gb! 🙁fyi.. uld1350

sennai ppl can frget abt updated plans... I happily consumed 40 GB in 15 days thinking my 1700 plan has been updated to 4MBPS till 100GB... but just today found out that Chennai circle does NOT come in Tamilnadu Circle... n now am punished with 256kbps fr the rest of the month 🙁 ... worst BSNL service... wish I was in Hyd 🙁

sennai ppl can frget abt updated plans... I happily consumed 40 GB in 15 days thinking my 1700 plan has been updated to 4MBPS till 100GB... but just today found out that Chennai circle does NOT come in Tamilnadu Circle... n now am punished with 256kbps fr the rest of the month 🙁 ... worst BSNL service... wish I was in Hyd 🙁

didn't you realize that you had just 2 mbps and not 4 mbps. i experienced exactly the same problem you described. Anyway shifted to 1350 last week.
seriously man these guys can bang their heads against a wall.
[COLOR=#fafafa !important]

[/COLOR]

I have been getting 1mbps since the last few days, anyone having a similar experience?I have the 750 combo plan with the 1st 6gb at 1mbps and 512kbps thereafter. I have most certainly used 6gb within the first few days. I am from Hyderabad.

No one is offering high speed plans to all cities, majorly due to the fact that not all lines support high speed plans, the distance between the hub and your home should not be far (not sure how much) to get 4 MBPS speed. In fact, Airtel refused the high speed plans near to my location (NCR) just because of this until a hub was placed near to the location. So I guess patience is the key here 🙂

They should at least offer revised FUP then..!!

----------

@spraskar: Have you got the updated 1700 plan in Pune, like you said you were about to? Please update.

yes I am updated to ULD1700. But still getting old FUP and speed i.e. 40GB FUP and 2Mbps speed. BSNL guys earlier told me that I will get revised plans but thats not happened as of now.
When I last contacted them couple of days back about revised plans they told me that they dont have any specific schedule to implement revised plans. Lets hope PAN India implementation will take place in coming couple of months.

----------

hey spraskar,

did u start to get 4?

cheers,
sid.

Nope. And I have no idea when I will get upgraded.. 40GB is seriously not enough man and 256Kbps after using 2Mbps is as good as dead connection!!

----------

great! now my fup has kicked in at 18gb! 🙁

fyi.. uld1350

Seriously man. BSNL is being more vigilant regarding FUPs nowadays. Last month when I crossed my 40GB FUP the running connection restarted and I was pushed down to 256Kbps...!!! I think that's their defense against "keep modem ON" trick !!

Lol, I thought transition from 1350ULD to 1700ULD would be a dream come true, but I guess I was wrong :frown_2:. The worst idea is to upgrade to 1700ULD. I used to get around 512-700kbps downstream and 80kbps upstream with the 1350ULD plan, but the problem was the FUP which is 20GB (now 30GB revised and lol maybe it's not true). Now I get 2mbps downstream and 256kbps upstream!!! (The upstream is slow as hell). Coming to the 1700ULD (ADVERTISED as 4mbps upto 100GB, FUP - 256kbps)... What the hell is wrong with bsnl and why do they update on their site that it's available under Karnataka, Tamilnadu,... circles? So pathetic -.-
EDIT: If they think my connection can't handle 4mbps, take that

My SNR margin (41.5) is excellent and attenuation (17.5) is outstanding. Now they can't say my line's not capable of 4mbps D:

My SNR margin (41.5) is excellent and attenuation (17.5) is outstanding. How the hell can they my line's not capable of handling 4mbps. So pathetic -.-