Google and Hostgator Offer Indian Businesses Free Hosting, Domains and Other Perks

• Thread starter Thread starter manu1991
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 1,636
i read about it. did not get time to post about it. good initiative. microsoft also had a similar program for indian businesses i think. no idea though.

google is offering the first year for free from what i see. it is not exactly aimed at businesses which have the resources to manage their own websites. this is largely for small businesses who are mostly duped by 'web developers' and 'web designers'. they can easily create a cheap first site and take it ahead from there.

Yes deleted my previous post after checking all details. It seems a completely free site with renewal option after first year. I am not sure how Google is benefited from it though as it seems no ads would be posted and neither would they take any cuts after the first year. So, why the free domain registration by Google if it is managed by HostGator and would also extended by Hostgator at the customer's request after the first year. Maybe Google is hoping to inform those business about online advertising too and thereby bringing more Indian businesses to adwords. Interesting and great if that is the though as it might mean more advertisers which is a good thing for us all. 🙂 From the first look, HostGator seems to be first beneficiary. Interestingly, both Hostgator India and Google India are supposedly at Hyderabad too. So, maybe a good and fruitful collaboration too in the long run. 🙂

google is offering the first year for free from what i see. it is not exactly aimed at businesses which have the resources to manage their own websites.

this is largely for small businesses who are mostly duped by 'web developers' and 'web designers'. they can easily create a cheap first site and take it ahead from there.

well. more businesses moving online means good things for google. they would probably start using google apps standard edition. and as they grow, they might switch to paid edition of google apps. of course. as they grow, they would probably consider using google adwords to advertise online. google wins in any case. as long as the advertising business is profitable which still is very much.

well. more businesses moving online means good things for google.

they would probably start using google apps standard edition. and as they grow, they might switch to paid edition of google apps.

of course. as they grow, they would probably consider using google adwords to advertise online.

google wins in any case. as long as the advertising business is profitable which still is very much.

Google wins always and is the king of online world no doubt. Hope that their wins will also result in some wins for us webmasters especially in India in the long run who work quite hard for lesser money compared to Western ones. Hope the juice of such wins also trickles down below the ladder too in the long run. 🙂

google is actually at its weakest point in many years now. facebook is becoming a major threat. so is Apple's siri technology. they are spending a lot of resources in pushing plus to become a relevant alternative to facebook. they are very much behind on the voice search capabilities.

they are dominating the web and the only competitor is facebook to be honest and that too in social media .. but then they have directly or indirectly also gone to the offline market and android is going to become the largest OS soon .. similarly Chromebooks and Google TV has been started .. and Google has also released a few phones directly or indirectly and also bought Motorola .. so, their market overall is increasing and so, is their brand value .. Google is growing stronger overall and has grown directly or indirectly a leader of the online world with somewhat monopoly too (maybe not their own choice but due to people trusting them) in today's date. Very few things online are not related in any way to Google nowadays .. good for us but maybe not the best thing for the online world as competition is needed in the long run and monopoly might not be the best of things to happen in any market online or offline 😛

google is actually at its weakest point in many years now. facebook is becoming a major threat. so is Apple's siri technology.

they are spending a lot of resources in pushing plus to become a relevant alternative to facebook. they are very much behind on the voice search capabilities.

well you are not seeing the bigger threat from facebook. have you seen ads these days? how many ads show the actual website of the product? majority of sites would promote their facebook fan pages and twitter profiles rather than their own websites. this is a disturbing trend but is growing. and this is what is hitting google the most. people spend more time on brand's fan pages than on their websites. and brands are happy with this. and they are happier to spend money on ads on facebook than on google.

they asking pan no. to validate ur account ? so is that co. pan no or individual pan no. .....

Agree with the facebook ads thing and brands preferring. Reason is quite simple I suppose. Unless the brand has a direct product to sell from its website, Facebook Fan Page helps in brand building equally if not more. And there are all types of people on Facebook and regular internet users compared to Google ads which might be frequented by one time visitors. And the reason the brands use Facebook ads is to increase fan base I suppose and by liking the page, they will also get regular updates and promotions from the brands in their stream or whatever you call it in facebook. So, it is one time investment too. The other day I was checking a website which mentioned how by merely spending 95 cents or so they got 800 likes/fans and I was like WTF. If that is true, then it also means a lot of value for money in addition to an one time investment. So, good business strategy for the brands unless they are ecommerce sites. I agree with that part for sure from my own research too.

----------

I suppose that would be individual PAN too as it is not a big deal and just to prove that the user is from India. And also to make sure the registered name is true and not a fake one. Otherwise spammers all around the world would register for the free domain and hosting. 😛

they asking pan no. to validate ur account ? so is that co. pan no or individual pan no. .....

when you spend a dollar to get fans. these are not actual fans that would buy your product. so the number does not really matter.

that is why I said facebook fan pages will be more useful for brand building rather than ecommerce and that is why these are doing for the company .. for ecommerce Google adwords or TV ads would be needed sooner or later

when you spend a dollar to get fans. these are not actual fans that would buy your product. so the number does not really matter.