Speed Boost Again!!!!!!! getting 2Mbps+ on 512kbps

• Thread starter Thread starter jazzyjazzy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 63
  • Views Views 11,610
can normal people get this plan?

Email airtel customer support that you want to disconnect your connection. Next day you will receive a call from retention department asking why you want to disconnect?

Tell them that their plans are too costly compared with MTNL, so you are switching to MTNL.

They will offer a Rs 649 plan with UL 512 kbps downloads and some FUP. Tell them it is still very costly.

Then they will offer you another plan Rs 449 per month plus tax for 512 kbps UL connection with 500 MB FUP. After that 512 MB (0.5 GB) FUP speed is supposed to go down to 256 kbps. In my case I download around 10GB with my home connection and have never seen DL speeds under 512 kbps.

2mbps speed boost has been holding steady since yesterday *touchwood*. Perhaps the FUPPING (sp?) machine is tired for now? 😛

Sometimes permanent speed boost is a result of plan change. Increased Speed, Reduced FUP. Personal Experience.

when I was in Bangalore, I had the similar experience. Sporadic increase in speed limits. I had home 899 which gave 512kbps for (atrocious) 8GB FUP, but I got 2Mbps UL for 50% of the time!! Even crossing 8GB FUP didn't matter. Perhaps the network is operated by a crappy software!

had been getting 2mbps speed burst for the past 3 days..it's gone now 🙁 🙁 bought a 14gb game from the playstation network, now how the hell am i going to download it..🙁 hope it comes again for just 2 more days..!

when I was in Bangalore, I had the similar experience. Sporadic increase in speed limits. I had home 899 which gave 512kbps for (atrocious) 8GB FUP, but I got 2Mbps UL for 50% of the time!! Even crossing 8GB FUP didn't matter. Perhaps the network is operated by a crappy software!
Well, you had 8GB FUP, they wouldn't reduce it any further. I had 100GB FUP @ 1mbps. Suddenly I started getting speed boost to 2mbps, was very happy until my speed dropped to 256kbps after 25GB. They changed my plan and wouldn't give me back the old plan. Some of them even went to say that the 1mbps plan I was on never existed.:annoyed:

Well, you had 8GB FUP, they wouldn't reduce it any further. I had 100GB FUP @ 1mbps. Suddenly I started getting speed boost to 2mbps, was very happy until my speed dropped to 256kbps after 25GB. They changed my plan and wouldn't give me back the old plan. Some of them even went to say that the 1mbps plan I was on never existed.:annoyed:

Welcome to the club... Same thing happened to me.. 🙁

^^ looks like it...several people got the speed burst at the same time, when this thread was started..means that its probably not just happening to just a few individuals at one time..so if anyone gets the speed burst again, post here and the rest of us will start restarting our modems till we get the speed too..!

Same happened with me. After alot of complaints, I was told that the TRAI has suggested the ISPs to slowly put everyone on a minimum of 2mbps plan. To go back to your original plan call CC and tell them that you are not interested the the Airtel's Falcon project and you would like to go back to your original plan.

I too still have to call them. Will do it today!

can you test speeds on delhi server? coz for me there's no speed boost! 🙁

There you go:

https://www.speedtest.net

I must add that downloading from torrents is still throttled. I'm not talking about illegal stuff here, you can't even download CentOS from torrents at more than 80 kbps on a 512 kbps connection.

Otherwise browsing and downloading from other sites is good and youtube 360p videos are playing without any buffer, which was not the case before speed boost.