Private banks are going to hate this new directive by RBI! Passbook is mandatory

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 47
  • Views Views 5,808
passbooks are awesome because they are official records of all your transactions.

photocopy of passbook is a valid address and identity proof.

Ideally Bank Passbooks with a/c holder passport size photo attached (photo rubber stamped /transparent plastic film covered ) is useful as address proof if No Bsnl landline statement/voted id/Driver liecence/ Ration card is not available.

oh i wont touch SBI. babus there act like they are freaking ministers.

BOB has been very nice. i have a ppf account with them.

My experience has been more or less opposite...i think SBI is the most professional out of all the psu banks. one of the reason's might be the volume of customers they handle, it ws 70% of total no. of accn. in India at last count hence they have to be efficient.

For the horribleness of others, I faced two such examples one in BoI & one in UCO bank there u have to first deposit the money in cash counter then take the slip and go to the deposit counter. now what the f*** is this, why u even have a single window counter. Same for making drafts, come after 2 hours, why can't u print instantly?? One of the worst examples was of one of my friends when he tried to open an accn. in Indian bank i guess, there they asked him to verify the introducer sign. on his own as they didn't have time.:tyrannosaurus:

Fortunately SBI is way better. I operated it thoroughly in my student life & is operational even now.:dance:

why to open account in private bank ?
I have accounts in Bank of BAroda, Union bank, andhra bank. (I dont have private bank account)
getting All facilites (net banking, mobile banking, mobile alerts, cheque books, debit cards,pass books) without any extra cost.
In fact at union bank I am not levied any fine when balance goes below 1000.

for the past 4-5 yrs I havent filled a single bank related form... The HDFC bank employees fill it up for us & just bring them to my house for us to sign... That service alone is worth keeping an acct with them... Of course it might be coz we huge FDs with them but we have similar FDs in PSU banks & we are treated like shit over there zzzz... But every branch is diff & it is very much possible that the PSU bank u have an acct in gives you great service...