should i go for airtel broadband? help

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 1,901
G

i am unhappy with my local cable internet so i am thinking to switch to airtelBUT FUP is big concern after fup the speed is 256kbps. and airtel claims it has contention free (1:1) ratio.so is this 1:1 meaning the 256kbps will be the download speed or it will be 256/8 ie. 32kbps.my minimum download speed requirement is 112kbps.

so is this 1:1 meaning the 256kbps will be the download speed or it will be 256/8 ie. 32kbps.
Your download speed will be 32KBps after FUP

Your download speed will be 32KBps after FUP
thanks for the information.

Have you considered MTNL ?
mtnl is the only option now.
in mumbai i am getting only two broadband service provider.mtnl and local cable internet.

MTNL plans look good
plans looks good only thing is rainy season issues with its lines and their customer care don't care.
i am considering mtnl 3g 4500 for 6 mth unlimited but have no information about its FUP and speed cap of 384kbps.

MTNL CC isn't that bad. 3G would depend on the signal strength. The 4500 plan has a data limit of 800 gb, you can get it refilled in case it gets exhausted. No speed reduction on the 4500 plan.The happy hours plans on DSL are good too.

MTNL CC isn't that bad. 3G would depend on the signal strength. The 4500 plan has a data limit of 800 gb, you can get it refilled in case it gets exhausted. No speed reduction on the 4500 plan.

The happy hours plans on DSL are good too.
this is an excellent information i will get one prepaid sim to test it signal strength. thanks.

Still, confirm with the guys at sachaar haat whether the 4500 plan is present in the Mumbai circle.

Airtel = Throttled Speeds or crappy speeds doesnt matter even if ur FUP has nt been reached specially with torrets. Airtel is highly not recommended.