• Thread starter Thread starter dovahkiin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,380

dovahkiin

Regular
ISP
ovh
another brilliant proposal by Indian govt to somehow govern the net, as they have now realized that companies, ppl not inside Indian borders our not covered by Indian law so involve UN , a failed body on it's own just controlled by some countries.

India formally proposes government takeover of Internet | News and analysis from .nxt

will just quote a para from the above link which shows epically bad this idea is.

Cultural clash aside, there are also strong pragmatic reasons for why the multi-stakeholder model of decision-making is a better one for the Internet.

Having been designed and developed by the technical community and private sector, the Internet possesses within it countless provisions and protocols that work through reciprocation. No node on the Internet is any more important than another. And those nodes can appear and disappear without impacting the network itself.

"The only effective solution is to develop policies and protocols that are embraced by the majority, and to allow those changes to propagate across the network"
It is this nature, specifically designed for its resiliency, that makes the Internet as an entity almost impossible to control. The only effective solution is to develop policies and protocols that are embraced by the majority, and to allow those changes to propagate across the network.

What is wrong with India? I want to say a lot on this subject but, I don't want to set a bad example for my friends.If we see morally and all that shit, India's take is good.Otherwise, it's screwed up.

must be an idea from digvijay singh. i saw an interview featuring digvijay singh today. man. this guy is painfully annoying.

We must not allow government to take over internet. Let it be a borderless and free world(though virtual). Afterall, we already have lot of problems due to a physical world with borders. People must be made to know the freedom they have in internet before its taken away.

The US government which is in total control of the mega corporations, including the copyright lobby RIAA, MPAA is slowly taking control of the internet. Subscribe to activist groups like — Demand Progress to know what's going on in the US.

These Indian Babus have nothing better to do or what? Why can't they improve the internet infrastructure first before talking big shit like this?