Reliance infotel 4G @ 10 rs. per GB....???!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter devx101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 19,365
I think it's 100/GB. the article wanted to Tell us its 10 Per Gigabit(100Mb?) 10/Gb that too on wireless not at all possible we don't even get it on Wired BB. From what i Read in the article of Bloomberg it is going to be Less than Rs 100/Gb.

The article says

The bold part reads gigabit (Gb) and not gigabyte (GB)... It is generally used as a marketing ploy...

No, I think it refers to the 1 GB only, just read the next line

The Mukesh Ambani company may offer data at as low as Rs 10 per gigabit of data, say people familiar with its plans, compared with Rs 100 for most operators now.

If its one GBit then currently operators have to give 1 GByte at Rs 1000, that is not the case.
As admin said there is just a typo between Bit and Byte.

Don't think so since he got the part regarding other operators charging 100 bucks per 100 MB correctly.

Most operators sell 100MB data packs for Rs. 100, maybe Reliance wants to sell it at Rs. 10 which is still a sharp drop...

sometimes the best thing is not to read too much into a thing...
it is a simple typo or rather lack of knowledge of technological terms.
:redface:

The funny part would be other telecom cos would be still trying get back their 3G cost spent when rel would start offering 4G services at 10% of 3G prices :rofl:bt rel. telecom network is total crap and so is their cc...

it's reliance. they are going to overpromise and underdeliver. and the quality of service and support would be horrible. they are going to F UP the broadband market just like they Fed UP the mobile market.

it's reliance. they are going to overpromise and underdeliver. and the quality of service and support would be horrible. they are going to F UP the broadband market just like they Fed UP the mobile market.

We've haven't Still Seen the Side of Mukesh's Reliance? Anil Reliance is a flop. Its better for us not to Speculate. If that Guy can Freaking buy the 4G Licenses of all circle at the same price at what airtel has bought in 3G Segment.
I think he has something Good to offer I can't Expect them to offer 10/Gb but 100/Gb is possible at some Extra Ordinary Speeds. 🙂

but mukesh's arm has a habit of no-promising & over-delivering. his petroleum & petrochemical business is one of the best run in the world, his retail gamble has more or less paid off thanks to its massive scale advantage. hence there are little reasons of his failure.:dance:
Moreover he must have done his homework right to not come into an already crowded market and to loose his 15000 crore to 'smartass':smartass:, i want more GB's 😛customers.

but mukesh's arm has a habit of no-promising & over-delivering. his petroleum & petrochemical business is one of the best run in the world, his retail gamble has more or less paid off thanks to its massive scale advantage. hence there are little reasons of his failure.:dance:
Moreover he must have done his homework right to not come into an already crowded market and to loose his 15000 crore to 'smartass':smartass:, i want more GB's 😛customers.

+1

Or I may just be hoping 'ANYONE' to launch some reliable / 'Rightly' priced broadband plans in my place :blink3:

Don't care if it's Reliance or some other company, just get over with all the Drama & launch something that makes a difference - over the mostly unworthy Broadband Situation in India

The video is confusing, it says Infotel would launch Wimax service, while they have chosen LTE and it also talks about IPTV :shock:

WiMAX LTE confusion is fine, the reporter might not know the latest developments.
But IPTV !!!
This was also said in the Forbes report that they are planning big into video with STB !!!. Either they have gone mad or really have too much exceptions from their 20mhz bandwidth.:miserable:

----------

How can they even think of relaying TV channels on that spectrum. How many will they provide 20-30 or 230? if they provide 20-30 then who the hell will buy those and if they provide in 100's then how the hell will they provide broadband services(leaving the fact that channel PQ will be pathetic due to low bitrates).:snicker:
It is just 110mbps worth of BW at last....:upset:

----------

that too theoretical😈

I am not sure if we will be able to see the dawn of RIL's 4G this year:

With respect to telecom sector, Reliance Industries will re-enter the segment through Infotel Broadband in which it has acquired 95% stake. RIL has already mapped plans for investing nearly Rs. 15,000 croresinto the sector. It is also in talks with leading telecom tower players to lease more than 50,000 towers to support it plans of rolling out 4G broadband services very soon.

Mukesh Ambani All Set to Lead Reliance Industries into New wave Of Growth | Reliance Industries

Mukesh Ambani

How can they even think of relaying TV channels on that spectrum. How many will they provide 20-30 or 230? if they provide 20-30 then who the hell will buy those and if they provide in 100's then how the hell will they provide broadband services(leaving the fact that channel PQ will be pathetic due to low bitrates).:snicker:
It is just 110mbps worth of BW at last....:upset:

they dont need to stream all channels at once, it would be sort of Stream on demand; so if you watch X channel; your gonna use bandwidth of 1 channel only

they can easily stream HD over 110mbps ; they need max 5-6mbps to do so