Reliance infotel 4G @ 10 rs. per GB....???!!!

• Thread starter Thread starter devx101
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 54
  • Views Views 19,374
Ya, you gt me correct :lashes:. Not any solid news bt speculations are high . Would try to get this confirmed , long time didn't talked to my Telecom friends.
I think it may not launch by dec....if they want that time frame one should see physical deployment by this time. And if even a hint of that in form of towers/equipment etc. is there news will definitely leak out...:dance:

Reliance is known for its Lying capabilities very openly to the Media and the public 😀

Physical layout is in place. If i correctly remember bidding was done something around May 2011 and work was supposed to be started in June and all bidders have claimed to complete the OFC layout by 3 months. So, I guess physical infra is in place. Employee recruitment is already in place. Almost 90% Senior Level Employees had been recruited, Junior and Middle level is in process. And I read somewhere long back that this 4G and other data related projects were dream projects of Late Dhirubhai Ambani. and both brothers have 1st time after long time have agreed to mutually help each other in this project. All this collectively hint that 28th Dec will be the most probable date of 4G launch.

OFC layout? There are reports and certain that they will use existing RCOM OFC and BTS infra...!:dog:

about the launch it will be great if they at least launch in mum or delhi by that time.😱nthego:

----------

🙂
badde kush lag rahe hai....:miserable:

OFC layout? There are reports and certain that they will use existing RCOM OFC and BTS infra...!:dog:

about the launch it will be great if they at least launch in mum or delhi by that time.😱nthego:

Yes, that's correct but those are backbone infra of RCOM, but OFC etc between their NOC and RCOM was required.

badde kush lag rahe hai....:miserable:

He didn't recruited me and taunting me regarding my job wala statement 😀

so true,

almost all the news items about the Infotel talks about tablets being offered at low rates. I hope they also have option of USB sticks rather than just the tablets. With high speeds and low tariff they could even get desktop users to buy their service if they have USB sticks as an option.

of course they will have usb sticks,that will always be there main revenue source.

Tabs etc are only for revenue enhancement, increasing product portfolio as well as the limelight.

Reliance readies big-bang entry into new sectors

We will leverage 4G is two ways. Interactive classes on the net require consistent speeds of 120 MBPS, which will be available with 4G. With it, we will offer one-to-one as well as one-to-many tuition classes at affordable prices,” says Kulshresta. The company also intends to develop special applications for 4G tablets, something for which Reliance is in talks with low-cost producer Datawinds, made famous by its world’s cheapest product, Aakash. The plan is to offer tuition on the net for Rs 300 an hour for the one-to-one package and around Rs 50 for the one-to-many package, for 20 students

Reliance readies big-bang entry into new sectors

We will leverage 4G is two ways. Interactive classes on the net require consistent speeds of 120 MBPS, which will be available with 4G. With it, we will offer one-to-one as well as one-to-many tuition classes at affordable prices,” says Kulshresta. The company also intends to develop special applications for 4G tablets, something for which Reliance is in talks with low-cost producer Datawinds, made famous by its world’s cheapest product, Aakash. The plan is to offer tuition on the net for Rs 300 an hour for the one-to-one package and around Rs 50 for the one-to-many package, for 20 students

Is he going made?

4G at Rs. 10 per GB??? The article in OP says Rs. 10 per gb which is like 100 MB... So per GB cost would be like 100 bucks...Now does this sound awesome 😀

4G at Rs. 10 per GB???
The article in OP says Rs. 10 per gb which is like 100 MB... So per GB cost would be like 100 bucks...
Now does this sound awesome 😀
umm not sure what you meant here but

FYI 1GB= 1024MB

umm not sure what you meant here but

FYI 1GB= 1024MB

The article says
The Mukesh Ambani company may offer data at as low as Rs 10 per gigabit of data, say people familiar with its plans, compared with Rs 100 for most operators now.

The bold part reads gigabit (Gb) and not gigabyte (GB)... It is generally used as a marketing ploy...

no one uses Gb to denote data in usual language. i would imagine that the author probably made a typo.

no one uses Gb to denote data in usual language. i would imagine that the author probably made a typo.

Don't think so since he got the part regarding other operators charging 100 bucks per 100 MB correctly.

Most operators sell 100MB data packs for Rs. 100, maybe Reliance wants to sell it at Rs. 10 which is still a sharp drop...