• Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4,994

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
When I got my current connection 2-3 months ago, I was told that they do not offer 4mbps speeds in my area. Couple of days ago, a friend living in the same sector told me that he was able to upgrade his plan to 4mbps. I immediately contacted Airtel to find out if they can provide me with 4mbps. I just got confirmation that they can. I applied for a plan change. Sadly, I would have to wait for another month to get it because the plan change takes 5-6 days and my billing cycle is probably from 5th. So, basically, I had enough time to apply for a plan change when I asked them for a confirmation. They took like 3-4 days to confirm the speed availability. And another 5-6 days for plan change. 😀 What a freaking idiocy.

Earlier it used to be on pro-rata basis, but most of the subscribers create dispute on pro-rata basis Rental and equivalent free data usage given. So, Telcos are switching to Bill Cycle based plan changes.This was told to me by Reliance Nodal Team, when they introduced the similar process for their Wireless Broadband connections.

well i know their reasons to shift to billing cycle. the thing is that their own process takes so much time that despite having three days, my package change request would not process in time.

Instead of getting a confirmation, you could have gone for a plan change right away. The 5 days requirement for a plan change includes the feasibility study. In any case, if you opt for a plan change, you are going to get the plan only if it's available. If it's not, you're going to lose anything.

heh yeah. realized that today. should have filed a plan change request on that day itself. 🙂 made a mistake. i thought it would be faster. the dude had told me that he would get back to me on the next day (Saturday I think) He called me today!

If you request and insist them to bear the pro-rata basis rental, they wud certainly do that for you. I am aware of their software and it had option to change plan with immediate effect.

Well, it took me over two months to change my billing plan so at least you're better off!

IMO, as long as the high speed data limit (75/150GB) and post-FUP speed (256kbps) are same, I don't see the benefit of having 4 mbit over 2 mbit. I mean a faster speed would be sweet but the speed difference is not much and you are not going to consume more data. You can at least save Rs. 100/- with 2 mbit plans.