Difference of coverage between BBC and Star Sports

hitman

Regulars
[OP]
May 10, 2005
New Delhi
Few hrs back I watched Indian GP full race ..Including before and after race shows .. And it was a bbc coverage ..The coverage of star sports in comparison was pathetic .. They don't show anything like interview with drivers in pit lane etc like the BBC do ..Moreover they showcased India for good 30-40mins .. Interviewed Sachin, SRK etc .. Showed how the Indian marshals were celebrating after tht race .. All in all such an in-depth coverage ..Its really a shame tht despite the race being in India, star sports wasn't able to put a show anyway near to tht of BBC ..

xyx2000

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 21, 2005
F1 is a lot more popular in britain than in Asia so it is obvious their coverage will be better.F1 is mainly a british sport, almost all people working there are british, Bernie Eccelstone is british, BBC has more budget & more staff at the race to cover everything and they make more money from race coverage than espnstar does , . I cant watch the race again on bbc but after every race i download the F1 "forum" after race show on bbc.

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
A couple of years back, I used to watch the re-runs on Speed, found the commentators pretty engaging.

hitman

Regulars
[OP]
May 10, 2005
New Delhi
If star is not capable of providing decent enough coverage than y not use the feed from BBC .. They use the sky feed for all ashes and other football matches ..Annoying thing was even on HD there was few seconds of break on live coverage .. and in tht break they use to show their show promos like football etc .. So wht's the use?? U r not gaining anything so why not show the feed continuously atleast ..

sa_kiran

Regular
Regulars
Aug 18, 2008
Mumbai
Till a few years ago, even viewers in Britain were suffering with pathetic coverage of ITV. The commentary was worse than that of Steve Slater, JUSSST IMAGINE. but that is no excuse for Star Sports to continue with the pathetic coverage.

xyx2000

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 21, 2005
My set top box wasnt working before the abu dhabi race so i had to watch the race on the net, i found a bbc stream with decent quality which worked on my 1mbps connection, if anyone needs the link for brasil pm me , they also show all FP1/2/3

sa_kiran

Regular
Regulars
Aug 18, 2008
Mumbai
Gary's tone was boring, however, his knowledge of F1 is better than that of Steve Slater and most of the time he was more tolerable.

xyx2000

Regulars
Regulars
Oct 21, 2005
Everyone knows that steve slater isnt a expert and you need a knowledgeable guy to partner him but anderson is just too boring , goodwin/slater pair was much better.