TRAI Raises SMS Limit To 200 SMS Per Day Per SIM

• Thread starter Thread starter audioslave
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 19,639
i have received three spam messages since the ban. i have not filed a complaint yet.

100 was more than enough for me for a month. 200 is probably more than enough for me for 6!

Are those promotional massages sent from normal mobile number or were masked with Telemarketer name ??

Are those promotional massages sent from normal mobile number or were masked with Telemarketer name ??
yeah ..those "massages' 😉 were sent by number in the format of "TD-6100"

i got these messages at weird times. so i got irritated and deleted them immediately. from what i remember they were from regular mobile numbers.

My dad doesn't even delete them ...so usually when he's home in the evening i check the mobile and lo and behold 13~14 messages! and mostly 2 or 3 of them are from Dr batra's!

yeah ..those "massages' 😉 were sent by number in the format of "TD-6100"

In your case, your Dad number is not on DND, hence he is getting SMS from Telemarketers. Why don't you check his number here and confirm the status.

Telecom Commercial Communications Customer Preference Portal

----------

i got these messages at weird times. so i got irritated and deleted them immediately. from what i remember they were from regular mobile numbers.

That means as per TRAI rules, no registered telemarketers is sending you sms. Those who are sending are unregistered telemarketers. You can easily get them slapped with fine or get those number suspended. Next time try to find some time and complain against them.

Delhi High Court Wednesday issued notices to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) and the central government on a petition challenging the regulator's imposition of a cap of 200 SMSes per day per person.

A division bench of Acting Chief Justice A.K. Sikri and Justice Rajiv Sahai Endlaw has given two weeks to the government and the TRAI to respond to the petition filed by Anil Kumar, secretary of an NGO Telecom Watchdog, who sought quashing of the TRAI's order restricting the number of SMSes per day with effect from Sep 27, 2011.

Why cap on SMSes, high court asks TRAI, government — economictimes.indiatimes.com — Readability

Awesome. I wish some more petitions are filed related to the new bullshit this government is throwing at us wrt freedom of speech on the web.

+11111111111111111 to that! Hope that we get an Anna for this movement as well.And on second thoughts.....v r yet to hear it from him in this subject.

I don't know how people can sms that much. I'd be doing nothing but messaging if that were the case.Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk