• Replies Replies 75
  • Views Views 9,330

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
basic requirement is web browser and office applications. not a netbook but a medium range laptop. battery life should be decent (more than 2-3 hours!).

would stay away from Dell this time around.

samsung is probably the top option for me right now.

----------

went through flipkart. hard to get it with windows in this budget range. pentium dual core is something i would despise. looks like i would have to increase the budget. 😕

it's required by a cousin and i do not want to deal with bootleg copy of windows. that makes things complicated. ubuntu would not work because he specifically needs powerpoint (freaking shame!).

----------

but then i do have a copy of vista lying with me unused. maybe i can install it on the machine. should work fine!

Acer Aspire Timeline X. Would be over your budget. I think the cheapest one is 33-34k. But look good and have 8+ hours of battery life. and core i3 processor.

Windows 7 Home Basic. EEW. I would probably get a machine with FreeDOS and use my Vista copy. I hope the DVDs are still working. 😕 And the serial number would be accepted. Otherwise I would have to deal with Microsoft folks all over again. 😕

Acer Aspire 5740 .. bought 1 and half year back for 33K ...should be 30K by now...i3 processor 3GB ram DVD writer nice webcam...battery comes about 2 hours avg while browsing with wi-fiwindows 7 home basic...

Acer Aspire Timeline X looking like the best option right now wrt battery life.

Cousin told me that battery life is important. I guess I can ignore the Home Basic aspect. I do not have to use it after all.

----------

flipkart show three models. all permanently discontinued!

Me too looking for similar kind of laptop. Thanks God one active thread is already there. My Requirements are:2nd Gen i5 processsor, > 4 GB RAMScreen Size: 14" If it would have inbuilt TV tuner card, it would be gr8 Value addition.

Acer laptops usually have pretty high battery life specially the ones in those high battery life series I forgot the model name Acer claimed it had 8hrs to 10hrs but in reality it was around 4hrs or so... most laptops with 6cell giv around 2hrs so with 9 cell which when puts makes the laptop look crappy 😀 u should get another 1.5hrs....... u can try Lenovo Z/Y series like it 😀

I bought recently a Asus X53U -AMD's latest 15.6"Fusion laptop ( with in built Radeon 6250M Graphic card) 6 cell but with low energy consumption processor.It gives easily 4.5 to max 5 hours. But it is more of a travel laptop and not a High performance laptop.(not core I5 type)I have 4 Gb Ram+ 320 Gb hard disk,15.6" screen,win7 ultimate 64 bit.