• Thread starter Thread starter kRuSnIk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 6,331

kRuSnIk

Silent Lurker
ISP
Railwire | Airtel | Jio
I've been getting low speeds since yesterday. I was told that I crossed the FUP limit of 150 GB which is not true. My Airtel account shows ~147.3GB and the application on my PC shows 146GB, in both the case it is less than 150GB.

On the other hand smartbytes shows 0GB left which is certainly false.
First, I had to worry about crossing the FUP limit and now I've to worry about this fraud. 😛issed-off::angry:

well you cannot really do much about it. airtel's own calculations are what matters in the end. i was going to suggest checking smartbytes which you have already done. i have been keeping an eye on it myself. i cannot say if it's accurate. it is hard for me to predict because i use a wireless router and my phone and guest laptops connect to it regularly.

Well Your screen shot shows you crossed 150GB.. Several application and vendor calculate the GB form KB by dividing the values from 1000 and not 1024. This is something similar to HDD's where you get approx 298GB on a 320 GB Harddisk.

I got this mail yesterday:

You have utilized 80% of your high speed data transfer limit of 153600 MB as on 30-Oct-11. Please note post 100% consumption, your speed will be revised as per your plan till the end of the current bill cycle. You are still on an unlimited plan and all your data transfer remains free.

This suggests that Airtel count 150GB as 153600MBs.

----------

GBs left in your account 25.38
Days left in the current Bill Cycle 4

i would probably not be able to consume the remaining GBs looking at the torrent throttling on my connection.

I can assure you that they calculate by 1024 because early morning it showed 147.3GB but unfortunately I didn't take that screenshot.I don't trust smartbytes as I checked it few times in last few days. It would reduce the data left by 800-900 MB every day even when my usage was around 400.

Go to their office. Aur pakad ke maaro saalo ko. Laato ke bhooth, baato se nahi maante...😛issed-off:

Both the screenshot must be coming from different server as reporting unit is different and it is quite possible that the one you refering to does not have properly updated data. It takes some time to update the usage in Account section and smartbyte, but the controller work on real time data .... P.S. - I am not supporting/defending Airtel, I am just trying to make you understand that is problem with how reporting is done.

Today i got a pop up stating that i have used 80% of my fup data.This is not correct.
here are my details

but airtel smartbytes page shows i have used 24 gb of data

My bitmeter states i have used 20.30 gb of data

Whats going on!

Airtel is cheating and adding erroneous data in smartbytes page

^ this shows download traffic only. u shud select total traffic coz fup includes down+up.

airtel does not take into account upload.My total traffic is 27 gb and 80% of 30 gb is 24gb.One interesting thing you will notice is that both the OP's post and my post,3 gb is added.he has consumed 147 gb and fuped.I have consumed 21 gb and 80% of fup warning is at 24.airtel is adding 3 gb extra

its is not possible for any isp to exclude uploads. esle ppl wud take a cheap connection and start seed boxes. i m not saying airtel is right or anything. all i m saying is that every1 counts uploads AFAIK.

If that was true then i would have gotten the fup warning 2 days back as my total download reached 24 gb 2 days ago.Can others plz tell me the difference you are getting in airtel smartbytes page and airtel.in page?

Total Data consumed = 14.2 GB as per networx app. Smartbyte shows 57.94 GB left. My current plan gives 75 GB @2mbps. So, according to Airtel I've used 17.06 GB which is 2.86 GB more than my actual consumption.

Edit: Airtel Account shows 11.54 GB :: 05/12/2011-08/12/2011