Speed Reduced Before Crossing FUP

• Thread starter Thread starter kRuSnIk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 6,336
i have lost a couple of blog posts due to that message. it is annoyed especially because... they send you an alert smsthey send you an alert emailand then redirect you randomly and sometimes multiple times

im on rs 649 for 5gb at 2mbps plan then 256kbps(sucks)
yeah airtel has some swift plans in hyderabad with better fup, im thinking of switching to beam for the past month but reading their facebook wall with numerous complaints about downtime and other issues is putting me off.
Only reason still with airtel because of their uptime(99.99%) and consistent speeds

From Nov18 to Dec10 - 24Day calculation: out of 576hours- I had 10Hours downtime.. This is the probably Highest uptime Ever at my Place.
It's 98%. Salman give it a try.. nothing much to loose just 500Bucks for installation. you would get 786kbps unlimited for what you're paying to airtel. If you are not satisfied with beam you can switch to Airtel again.

Today i am fuped but i have only used 27.5 gb of data

airtel smartbytes

So airtel must be using the smartbytes data and not the airtel.in data.

so a new scam emerges.

You have not hide your DSL ID in the 2nd screen shot. Anybody can track your presence and find your location :dread:

till dec 16 i have used 29 gb and i am still fuped.Airtel CC are saying that you have crossed fup.

----------

ok so i checked the unbilled dsl usage and i am baffled.They are miscalculating it.

for nov 23 my bitmeter software shows dl:2.14 gb upl:171.76mb total:2.31 gb

and airtel is showing 2.313 gb for nov 23

they are counting download and upload too but they are showing it as download!. but IF they were counting upload then the airtel selfcare portal would have also showed the same.

It think someone at airtel reprogrammed the system to accept upload in fair usage limit

----------

a user quote
Are you affected by airtel Fair Usage Policy?
Airtel used to consider only downloads for FUP. Now they started calculating both Download+Upload for FUP. This is annoying... I am having a 4MBps this plan since 18 Months and they changed their FUP calculation from download to download+upload since 3 months...I came to know this, because i started tracking my usage using the freeware - NetWorx.

So from oct they have changed thier fup policy and started to count upload but have not updated this in the airtel self care portal

If this on an average 2Gb of each customer's quota is being mingled by Airtel. then 2805882 Gb's( Assuming 1402941 is the cust base of broadband) is being saved by Airtel,As said by Sushubh, Airtel Broadband Mahaan hai:worthy::worthy:

Airtel Account - 34.35GB used - 19/12/2011Smartbytes - 36.54GB leftAccording to local data[download+upload], 38.27 GB left but smartbytes shows 1.73GB less

Airtel Account - 34.35GB used - 19/12/2011
Smartbytes - 36.54GB left
According to local data[download+upload], 38.27 GB left but smartbytes shows 1.73GB less

AFAIK airtel.in data shows date as current BUT data delayed by 2-3 days... Sometimes you'll see data doesnt change for 1-2 days but date changes daily... Afterall they use Date function there 😉 ....

Most accurate data is the smartbyte data which changes after every few hours... you can open tht page and keep refreshing it after few hours of usage...

Up until this morning Airtel was blocking access to link-removed. This afternoon access was restored, but the transfer speeds are really slow, less than 50KBps. Since last night all traffic was slow, and running a speed test resulted in dl speed results of 0.25Mbps. I rebooted my modem and I'm back at 4Mbps, but link-removed and BT are now really slow. I checked my usage and I'm only halfway to my plan limit. So I suspect that they are now not blocking certain traffic, but throttling it down. Does that sound right to anyone else?