Maximum Speed Possible In Adsl2

Anybody have an idea how much high it can go?I am not asking about much technical, but i sometime wonder how this high speed come in old lines of telephone exchange.

it depends on no. of routers,traffic.1. my friend have airtel 128 kbps package and get down speed 12-16 kbps and other friend have same connection but live in diff area get 28-30 kbps speed.2. one of my colleague get 200-400 kbps download speed on 1 mbps line.but on cable line. Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line(ADSL).any technology use, but give good speed and service on which we pays.also administrator fix speed of specific user. so he get specific speed base on his package. so he cant get high speed on his specific package.but get low speed if traffic is more (9 am to 7 pm). this is common issue in India.and nobody complain to trai. why get low speed in day time?u get max. speed on ur package if u stop or limit other user by tweaking.try this one: softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Modem-Tweak/ all isp using diff. technology. and some of members in forum working in ISP. so i dont want to discuss more. but if ppl are good in network technology, they can get full speed.

In absolute terms, the old Copper cables still have lot of life in them (with ADSL2+ protocol), and can touch a max of 8mbps, depending on your distance from telephone exchange.

QUOTE(patch @ Sep 6 2006, 09:30 PM) [snapback]61390[/snapback]
it depends on no. of routers,traffic.
1. my friend have airtel 128 kbps package and get down speed 12-16 kbps and other friend have same connection but live in diff area get 28-30 kbps speed.
[/b]
Airtel is DSL, BSNL n MTNL are ADSL2+

QUOTE(Crazysah @ Nov 4 2006, 04:15 PM) [snapback]67708[/snapback]
Whats faster? DSL or ADSL2+
[/b]

DSL means "Digital Subscriber Line", and ADSL is "Asymmetric DSL". It is asymmetric because communication is in one direction (to you from the internet) is much faster than in the other direction (From You to the internet)

It means that in ADSL download speed is much faster than the upload speed...

Theorotical maximumDsl - 8MbpsAdsl -12MbpsAdsl2+ -24MbpsTechnically 75-80% of these speed could be attained on optimal conditions i.e.distance from exchange & state of copper line (no joints etc etc)

QUOTE(gavnitsingh @ Nov 5 2006, 02:42 PM) [snapback]67771[/snapback]
Theorotical maximum
Dsl - 8Mbps
Adsl -12Mbps
Adsl2+ -24Mbps

Technically 75-80% of these speed could be attained on optimal conditions i.e.
distance from exchange & state of copper line (no joints etc etc)
[/b]

Well summed up, as for the uploads using Annex M theoretical upload speeds are 3.5mbps