• Thread starter Thread starter x720
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,467

x720

Incoherent Poster
ISP
airtel, BSNL, MTNL
I decided to shift my main system into another room, however due to the way my house is wired, I can't install the modem in that room. So, I was thinking of getting a wifi dongle /adapter for it. The dongle should support the 802.11 n standard and should be in the range of 2 - 3 k. Thanksx720

Please check in BSNL forum. May shift this thread there. later.
discussed in BSNL forum. recent thread. ( wifi routers )
https://broadband.forum/bsnl-broadband/73769-wireless-router-suggestion-bsnl-bb/

Give details of the present set up.
ADSl modem + wifi router OS used.
Height involved and Radius of wireless activity with laptops/smartphones etc.
20 guests are seeing this thread now!!

Here are the details you requested :-ADSL Modem - Beetel 110 TC1WiFi Router - D-Link DIR 615Radius - Router is placed on the wall across the room's door (sort of like in the lobby). I can't give you the exact distance, I suck at estimations. Perhaps, I'll measure it with a measuring tape and post it tomorrow.OS - Windows 7I am thinking of going for this one -TP-Link TL-WN821NAnother option is :- Linksys WUSB600NMassive difference in price though.

I think it is the range of the WiFi router that matters. Check using a mobile or laptop and see if you are getting signal at that place. If yes, most WiFi dongle will work. You can also opt for a WiFi PCI card which will cost only around Rs. 400.

Full signal strength with both mobile and laptop. The distance between router and pc isn't much. I'd prefer something that would connect via USB, rather than adding a part to the pc.

In that case you choose an USB WiFi adapter from Netgear or other brands. I think it costs around Rs. 1,000.