Has Hayai completed installing at least 1 consumer connection yet?

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 76
  • Views Views 33,540
Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 that. mg may have said 100 mbps, but then the data plans were upgraded to 1Gbps too, and the 100 mbps is now old news.

cat5e can easily deliver 1gbps atleast on a lan(which is what hayai zone is ) so i m assuming with cat5e we shud get theoretically 100 outside hayai zone and 1000 within the zone. no reason not to get 1000 within the zone.@cst1992i guess i m a bit ancient with news 😛

cat5e can easily deliver 1gbps atleast on a lan(which is what hayai zone is ) so i m assuming with cat5e we shud get theoretically 100 outside hayai zone and 1000 within the zone. no reason not to get 1000 within the zone.
@cst1992
i guess i m a bit ancient with news 😛
Hmm by copper I meant older equipment the LCO used... If ur connection is delivered through a LCO than it is most likely you will get 100Mbps both inside the network & outside... The reason being that the speed is dependent on what kind of backend equipment the ISP is using... MG's plan is to buyout/acquire these LCOs to extend his reach & then slowly start upgrading them to 1Gbps equipment... Until that process is complete you will get 100Mbps... After its all been upgraded to fiber & backend equipments upgraded than you can get 1Gbps...

+1 that. mg may have said 100 mbps, but then the data plans were upgraded to 1Gbps too, and the 100 mbps is now old news.

Yep and after few months. 1Gbps will be old news too.

Thanks for the info guys. I am not very tech-savvy with the whole fibre-blah-blah thing, but I just want to know what exact speeds can I get with the prepaid data plan outside the Hayai Zone? Is it 100 MBPS or 1000 MBPS? Also, how to get this fibre cable you guys are talking about? Also, does that cost extra? Also, when it says "max speed", what will be the average speed? 80% or something? Thanks 🙂

In theory you should get whatever maximum speed your hardware can handle.. speed does not cost, data does.. so mg has set unlimited speed on data plans. So your hardware supports 100 mbps, you get 100. Supports 500 mbps, you get 500. Supports 10 Gbps, you get 10 Gbps (in theory).

In theory you should get whatever maximum speed your hardware can handle.. speed does not cost, data does.. so mg has set unlimited speed on data plans. So your hardware supports 100 mbps, you get 100. Supports 500 mbps, you get 500. Supports 10 Gbps, you get 10 Gbps (in theory).
So how do I find out how much my hardware supports??

Hmm by copper I meant older equipment the LCO used... If ur connection is delivered through a LCO than it is most likely you will get 100Mbps both inside the network & outside... The reason being that the speed is dependent on what kind of backend equipment the ISP is using... MG's plan is to buyout/acquire these LCOs to extend his reach & then slowly start upgrading them to 1Gbps equipment... Until that process is complete you will get 100Mbps... After its all been upgraded to fiber & backend equipments upgraded than you can get 1Gbps...
he simply has to replace the switches. that the only thing that limits the move to 1gbps 🙂

----------

Thanks for the info guys. I am not very tech-savvy with the whole fibre-blah-blah thing, but I just want to know what exact speeds can I get with the prepaid data plan outside the Hayai Zone? Is it 100 MBPS or 1000 MBPS? Also, how to get this fibre cable you guys are talking about? Also, does that cost extra? Also, when it says "max speed", what will be the average speed? 80% or something? Thanks 🙂
the best u can expect outside hayai zone with 100mbps is a download speed around 50-80 mbps. within the zone hitting 85-90 is easy( i regularly get that on dc++)

So how do I find out how much my hardware supports??
go to my computer icon on desktop
right click and select properties.
select hardware tab.
select Device Manager
In the list, select Network adapters

In my XP computer, it is given that the network card is Realtek RTL8139/810X Family Fast Ethernet NIC
Fast ethernet means 100 mbps max link speed
Gigabit Ethernet means 1000 mbps max link speed

If and ever if amish sees this, 500 mbps and 10 Gbps are given just for example.

go to my computer icon on desktop right click and select properties. select hardware tab. select Device Manager In the list, select Network adapters In my XP computer, it is given that the network card is Realtek RTL8139/810X Family Fast Ethernet NIC Fast ethernet means 100 mbps max link speed Gigabit Ethernet means 1000 mbps max link speed
I have NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller I think... any idea what's its speed?

----------

the best u can expect outside hayai zone with 100mbps is a download speed around 50-80 mbps. within the zone hitting 85-90 is easy( i regularly get that on dc++)
so that means the lower limit of the speed is like 50% of the mentioned speed? 🙁

I have NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller I think... any idea what's its speed?

Post a screenshot, or give a more detailed description of the network card from the given info in device manager

are you on pppoe?
if so double click on the connection icon
as it's already connected, it'll show the max. link speed.
As you can see below, mine is 100 mbps, fast ethernet.
Sorry but, nvidia has nothing mentioned anywhere, but I found somewhere that it was unofficially said to be supporting 1000 mbps of speed at a max.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/689/speedhu.jpg/

nforce controllers are newer one so they shud support 1gbps.
----------

so that means the lower limit of the speed is like 50% of the mentioned speed? 🙁
the lower limit wud be more dependent on how much bandwidth a given service/website has.

@nevillek50% is just an example, there is nothing so much hard and fast.It depends on your card (100/1000 mbps) and your motherboard (how close you are to getting the max speed depends on the motherboard too) and most importantly, your processor and hard disk.A fast processor(like a core i7) and a solid state drive will give definitely better results than a celeron and a hard disk drive.It all depends on what the bottleneck is.I don't think much of the time the outside server is the bottleneck as they are designed to handle multiple users.

Status
Not open for further replies.