• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 928
  • Views Views 164,236
Status
Not open for further replies.

indactxxx

ISP
AIRTEL 1mbps UL Home Plan
Few questions about Hayai Broadband in Delhi---Wanna know if it would be available in Delhi(South Delhi) and till when is the launch date expected.What would be the last mile connectivity??What is the backend network bandwidth and provider??What would be the download/upload ratio??And finally would there be any FUP applicable...

Few questions about Hayai Broadband in Delhi---

Wanna know if it would be available in Delhi(South Delhi) and till when is the launch date expected.

What would be the last mile connectivity??

What is the backend network bandwidth and provider??

What would be the download/upload ratio??

And finally would there be any FUP applicable...

To answer your questions:

South Delhi I actually do kind of know (Saket etc) and should be launched when all things are finalized for the DELHI-NCR circle. I will be in Delhi myself in about 2 weeks to make some of that happen.

Last mile will be Fiber (FTTH)

We purchase bandwidth from everyone. Delhi will be serviced in the same way as Mumbai - fiber under our control will go from your house to our central office in Delhi. From there it will go to the rest of the Internet via NIXI, Bharti, Tata, Reliance and Railtel - out through any one of the 9 international cables currently connecting to India (we're trying to land a 10th for ourselves), as well as in some cases to our private peers, depending on the traffic.

Plans will be the same as Mumbai - we do not intend to have different plans for each circle. So at the moment, upload speeds will be 50% of what the download speeds are, and if there is no FUP in Mumbai (other than "don't abuse the network"), then there will be no FUP in Delhi either.

Yay. So by July 1st, you should have an exact or almost exact date when you expect to launch.

Yay. So by July 1st, you should have an exact or almost exact date when you expect to launch.

Well... yes and no. By July 1st I will have been back to Delhi and done more legwork, but still cannot launch without the customer equipment!

I was just saying that by July 1st you will know everything and be ready to launch the week the equipment comes. Right?

I was just saying that by July 1st you will know everything and be ready to launch the week the equipment comes. Right?

Only in Mumbai/NM/Thane would we be able to launch in straight away - the rest are still being planned and/or constructed.

i personally think even after Hayai launches one should not go for it straight away .. see how their performance is ( speed + uptime + customer service ) for 6 months or so and only then decide to switch ISP .. these are my views only nothing against Hayai ...

Fair enough... but if everyone takes that route, we'll have no customers... and with no customers, we can't survive!

Some of you will just have to take a leap of faith.

well the good thing is that the operator of the service is taking time to ensure the delivery of good quality equipment. and he is prepared to roll it out slowly to ensure the quality remains high.

most new players tend to advertise too much luring too many customers without working on expansion of the service to support the increased load.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

i for one can afford to keep airtel as backup for a month or two while i use hayai as my primary provider (whenever and if hayai ever launches in gurgaon). 🙂

there are going to be several more folks who need constant reliable connectivity. a lot of people i know always tend to keep a backup connection. earlier it used to be dialup. now it is mostly data cards.

well the good thing is that the operator of the service is taking time to ensure the delivery of good quality equipment. and he is prepared to roll it out slowly to ensure the quality remains high.

most new players tend to advertise too much luring too many customers without working on expansion of the service to support the increased load.

We fell in to that trap by having an ambitious launch date which, unfortunately, we missed. Badly. We can't be completely absolved from doing things wrong sometimes.

i for one can afford to keep airtel as backup for a month or two while i use hayai as my primary provider (whenever and if hayai ever launches in gurgaon). 🙂

there are going to be several more folks who need constant reliable connectivity. a lot of people i know always tend to keep a backup connection. earlier it used to be dialup. now it is mostly data cards.

We'll be launching Gurgaon, Delhi, Noida and Faridabad as a single unit, I think... they're just all so close to each other.

Only in Mumbai/NM/Thane would we be able to launch in straight away - the rest are still being planned and/or constructed.

This has turned into a never ending wait. I hope you stick to the July 1st deadline at least. I reside in Thane and had submitted my contact details in Dec 2009. Do I have to resend them?

thx mgcarley...fa the reply to my query...as u said last mile would be FTTH...was just wondering when was the fiber laid in our service lanes...

they are also as big as an entire state population wise. 🙂

It's 4x my country's size population-wise. I'm used to big numbers. For Delhi the concern isn't so much population as it is area - Delhi and the surrounding cities cover a huge amount of area in SQKM's, and by comparison with Mumbai houses are a lot bigger and apartment blocks are less common (at least in South Delhi in areas such as Saket, it seems...) and because of this it's just the sheer amount of area that needs to be covered which will make covering Delhi quite the project!

This has turned into a never ending wait. I hope you stick to the July 1st deadline at least. I reside in Thane and had submitted my contact details in Dec 2009. Do I have to resend them?

Unfortunately the July 1 deadline is @crazysah's idea... We are ready in Mumbai, merely waiting for CPEs.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 PM ----------

thx mgcarley...fa the reply to my query...

as u said last mile would be FTTH...was just wondering when was the fiber laid in our service lanes...

At this point we are anticipating adding cables along the route of the Delhi metro and along major road arteries, but as mentioned in my previous post, Delhi is just so vast - it's a completely different beast to Mumbai.

So it all depends on the results of the survey and where we're allowed to go and how we're allowed to lay cables and/or whether or not any existing backhaul fiber which goes around Delhi might be of any use to us or not.

With the commonwealth games coming , i doubt they'll allow you to dig roads to lay cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.