• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 119
  • Views Views 11,503

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
ISP
Reliance Wired Line
Just share whatever issues u have while using Android, and members here wud try and solve it for u!

Now, i m the first one to ask.......i want to know if Samsung Galaxy Fit, which is on Android 2.2.1, will get any update? I just want to hear a final say of u guys.

If not, then the issue has arisen in creating contacts in it. The field provided for Name is just 1. And it doesnt accept characters beyond a certain limit. And Dad needs to put 3-4 words at times to recall the contact. What can be done?

----------

PS: A note for Admin.....i think this can be made Sticky too.

it should have notes field below. that can be used. i am not sure if that field is searchable though.

Ok, thats great! And btw, just to further on my previous post......The syncing of my contacts is over, and the syncing of other phone is going on.And yeah, for fields, when i selected "Add contacts" i cud get both First name & Surname. So that also shudnt be an issue i guess.

you get tons of more fields. you can add multiple numbers, addresses and lots of other stuff. in fact, you can do it in google contacts and the same data would be synced to your phone. there is a notes field to add other information that cannot be added to other fields.

Thats good then. I will now keep playing around with this stuff. And it all happened like magic......i never imagined that all my contacts wud be transferred so easily.Now best thing is - Calendar entries & Messages.....let me have a search around, and in the meantime, if u all have some foolproof options, do post that!

well google calendar data is synced between your account and your phone. sms is going to be tricky though.

that's what i said. you would have to export your entries in a format that works with google calendar and import them. or you can just add them manually to google calendar on your computer and sync.

Yep. lets see how things go. Trying the CSV available in PC Suite.....if that doesnt work, i will have to manually punch in the whole stuff on Google Calendar. 😕But 1 thing is certain, once i did that, i will never have to repeat that exercise. Google is really wonderful!

well. i really wonder why you were not using google calendar in the first place. i think google does provide a sync feature for symbian that could have worked wonderfully for you.

Actually i had tried to use the Sync feature when the phone was new. But it was confusing in the first place. After i finally managed to understand it, it still didnt work well.

But it ended up spoiling the habit of the phone. Whenever i connect the phone to PC via USB, it tries to connect to some server via Sync. And that, by using the WAP of the phone! 😛

----------

Ok, it took ages to export in the first place. And once it was done, it told me, that it cud export only the entries that were in view. So, i guess it wud be wise to manually punch in the entries & then allow the phone to do the rest. :facepalm:

Yeah. U can takeout something from Google perfectly. But bringing into Google from something else seems to b a headache!