Hayai Broadband Launch Today (October 26 2011)

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,199
  • Views Views 188,449
Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations Mathew Carley on successfully launching Hayai Broadband in India :thumbsup:.It would have been awesome to see the site too online when you launched the service.

The design of the site is a disappointment in my opinion. Not at all a "Web 2.0" site (and I don't think you were aiming for it). Only 4 images (as of now) and so much text and that too in small size. I was hoping for some what like a Tata DoCoMo type site. Colorful!Anyways, congrats on launching it.

heh. web 2.0 is not about images. web 2.0 is mostly about usability. drupal is definitely not 2.0 but as long as the site is usable and accessible, i am happy with it. it should not take more than 3-4 clicks to find out the information you are seeking... airtel is one site that takes way too many clicks to get ANY form of information.

The design of the site is a disappointment in my opinion.

Agreed, as it stands and given we are 01.01.10

hmm.. i think that web 2.0 is mostly about being minimalistic, for examples u can take fb, twitter but hayai site is not at all like web 2.0anyways usability is one of the most important aspect of a website

If it needs changing, it will be changed. This site is about 2 things: pricing information and sales. And to a lesser extent, information about coverage and the product itself. I don't feel we should have to explain about how FTTH works and all that rubbish: keep it simple, stupid. Get to the point.The portal (which is being finished) is more to do with customer support, managing your account, checking mail and network status/announcements.

i am pretty happy to see IBF listed as the support forum on hayai.in 🙂 maybe you can reword it as community support forum so that users do not confuse it with official customer support. 🙂

Yeah. Official comminutiy support rather than official customer support. That way IBF won't be acocuntable for anything.

i am pretty happy to see IBF listed as the support forum on hayai.in 🙂 maybe you can reword it as community support forum so that users do not confuse it with official customer support. 🙂

Fair enough. Will do that within an hour or so.

drupal is definitely not 2.0 but as long as the site is usable and accessible, i am happy with it.

it should not take more than 3-4 clicks to find out the information you are seeking...

airtel is one site that takes way too many clicks to get ANY form of information.

First of all the site is hosted with some US based hosting service, they should move to their own network or the hayai hosting e2enetworks.com
to make the site access faster from India

i guess that would be done with time. but in the end, it is better to have site hosted at some other location so that if your own datacenter is down the site remains accessible for the users to check out.

First of all the site is hosted with some US based hosting service, they should move to their own network or the hayai hosting e2enetworks.com
to make the site access faster from India

We're waiting on physical equipment to arrive.

i guess that would be done with time.

but in the end, it is better to have site hosted at some other location so that if your own datacenter is down the site remains accessible for the users to check out.

We'll be hosted in Mumbai, mirrored in Delhi.

Status
Not open for further replies.