Software updating Started to Activate LAN port and USB

oneon1

[OP]
Dec 8, 2007
There will be a Software update in phased manner, starting today, which will activate the LAN and USB port on the STB.

datta.ca

Jun 24, 2011
Any one received the s/w update and now able to use the USB???

----------

With USB you be able to connect the USB drives (Pen Drive/HDD) and play on TV....

galaxynexus30

Oct 31, 2011
well i recieved a Credit of Rs.100 in my account toward Ethernet Connection I saw it in the alert also and reconfirmed it in mytatasky account online it says "CREDIT TOWARD ETHERNET CONNECTION Rs.100 (CR)."I dont know for what they gave me Rs.100 but as far as SW update concern not received the update yet.

Bobbyguitarist

Regulars
Mar 4, 2013
Hyderabad
my friend has an tata sky and he wanted to see some movie ..so i gave it in pendrive...hoping that he'll be able to use it on STB ..but upon calling CC they told not to insert the pendrive on usb port of STB :/

shr

Regulars
Oct 15, 2008
Chennai
I haven't received the s/w update nor credit. However, I found an optional pack called "Download Bonanza Pack" for Rs 49/month in my account online. It is not listed in the TataSky website yet.If this is the pack to use the ethernet connection, you may get a 2 month activation with your Rs 100 credit. You may want to call CC to know.

wordsmith

Feb 16, 2011
On call with a TataSky rep right now, as per him the Download Bonanza Pack is for usage towards Active Mall, though he has no idea what is the "Ethernet Credit for, he connected me to the sales guy, who too was clueless, and then connected me to the tatasky helpline IVR main menu.

kuld33p

Regulars
Jan 15, 2008
we would be able to stream the recorded videos on our DTH Box via internet when ethernet is activated.not sure about the USB thing.

fusion123

Regular
Regulars
Jun 4, 2007
Ethernet port seems to be getting activated for the Video On Demand service which is currently on trial by TS. By Plugging in the ethernet cable, you should be able to download movies directly to your STB.