• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 4,767
Status
Not open for further replies.

prasanthkk

ISP
Airtel
I am from Bangalore, I take docomo postpaid corporate 2G connection with 499 plan.
In this plan, I can use 2GB data for free.
So I started using internet on my mobile, suddenly one day all my incomings and outgoings were disconnected.
When I call to CC they ask me to pay 1400/- for 144MB data usage. When I check in docomo site "My Account", it is showing I consumed 3G data.
I really wondered, as I never ask for 3G data, how they activated?
If they activate 3G data, how can I use my free data limit(2GB), because when ever I access internet its connecting to 3G instead of GPRS.

"My mobile bill should depend on the plan what I choose, but not on the features of my mobile handset", docomo people should understand this.

Think twice before to switch TATA DOCOMO

On DOCOMO prepaid, they have a very different policy, if you pay for 2G data, then even on 3G network, your speed will be capped to around 256kbps and you will be charged from your 2G Data balance

@OP
Were you getting 3G speeds?
If you were, then DOCOMO is kind of right, otherwise it is wrong

"If they activate 3G data, how can I use my free data limit(2GB), because when ever I access internet its connecting to 3G instead of GPRS."

You can manually force the phone to stick to the 2G network

"My mobile bill should depend on the plan what I choose, but not on the features of my mobile handset"

This statement is wrong

On DOCOMO prepaid, they have a very different policy, if you pay for 2G data, then even on 3G network, your speed will be capped to around 256kbps and you will be charged from your 2G Data balance

This statement is wrong

righto!!
this is correct, tell your phone to stick to the plan and pony up!!

@OP
Were you getting 3G speeds?
If you were, then DOCOMO is kind of right, otherwise it is wrong

"If they activate 3G data, how can I use my free data limit(2GB), because when ever I access internet its connecting to 3G instead of GPRS."

"My mobile bill should depend on the plan what I choose, but not on the features of my mobile handset"

This statement is wrong

correction bro the limit is 144kbps not 256kbps (256kbps limit will be awesome for me)

Hi,

We understand your concern regarding balance deduction,kindly mail us your exact issue along with your concerned number on social[a]tatadocomomarketing.com & we'll escalate it to relevant department who can sort this out asap.

I am from Bangalore, I take docomo postpaid corporate 2G connection with 499 plan.
In this plan, I can use 2GB data for free.
So I started using internet on my mobile, suddenly one day all my incomings and outgoings were disconnected.
When I call to CC they ask me to pay 1400/- for 144MB data usage. When I check in docomo site "My Account", it is showing I consumed 3G data.
I really wondered, as I never ask for 3G data, how they activated?
If they activate 3G data, how can I use my free data limit(2GB), because when ever I access internet its connecting to 3G instead of GPRS.

"My mobile bill should depend on the plan what I choose, but not on the features of my mobile handset", docomo people should understand this.

Think twice before to switch TATA DOCOMO

----------

Hi,
We'd recommend you to speak to our live chat support team regarding this balance deduction issue,so that they can look into it asap - Tata DOCOMO Chat

correction bro the limit is 144kbps not 256kbps (256kbps limit will be awesome for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.