HD DVR Clarifications

• Thread starter Thread starter pkarthik24
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 50
  • Views Views 8,546
hope it will get resolve with new updates.

Hope for good, anyways god knows... timebeing the person told me that i will change my DVR once my Local office is getting the SWAP Boxes

Thank you everyone.. You guys are really active and help out people who want to buy in the HD connection. After all the reviews posted here. I'm thinking about buying Videocon HD DVR. I currently have Tata Sky SD box. I dont have any serious complaint on them other than very limited number of regional channels. I have waited for a really long time for them to increase the regional channel numbers. I have lost hope and I dont think it will happen anytime soon. This is also another reason why I want to buy D2H connection instead of tatasky HD+. I do have some questions here on this. 1) whether Videocon D2H is looking at launching the DVR with higher capacity anytime soon? any timeline known? If known, I'll wait. I read somewhere that they are launching it for the Dewali. So far no news on that. And I also read in some thread that its not only possible to record full of 200 hours as they claim. Is it solved? I didn't see any post saying that its solved.2) I read in lot of forums that Videocon D2H gives HD audio in stereo and not in DD5.1 as tatasky gives. Is it true? 3) For sure the quality of pictures in tatasky HD should be very good given that the picture quality of SD is also good. But does D2H also gives the same kind of quality for the SD channels and for the HD channels? I have read lot of really confusing reviews. I guess too much reviewing does affect the decision making.. 🙁4) Videocon D2H does offer lot of channels when compared with Tatasky. I like it🙂 But whether D2H compromised on picture quality to accommodate more channels in the available bandwidth? I understand that they use Mp4 instead of MP2. And also understand that Mpeg2 with higher bit rate can give better picture quality than mpeg4 with lower bit rate. My question here is whether D2h have compromised on the picture quality while trying to accommodate more channels in the available bandwidth to them(I dont know how much bandwidth they have and how much tatasky has). If not, Do they have enough bandwidth to add more HD channels in the future? Came to know that they have replaced Active Music HD with Colors HD. Is this due to lack of bandwidth? Are they active in adding in more transponders? Whether anyone have the view on this? Thanks again! You guys really do lot of helping!! I understood lot of things only by going through your posts on some other threads in the same forum. In almost all the threads I see Jaymin's and IndianMascot's post ... Great work!Keep rocking!

Ok, from ur post, it appears that u might have gone thru quite a few threads here. But still if u havent gone thru the 2 main threads for Picture Quality of D2h, then here are the links:

HD Channels........https://broadband.forum/videocon-d2h-dth/72246-videocon-d2h-hd-channels-pics/
SD channels in HD Box......https://broadband.forum/videocon-d2h-dth/72248-videocon-d2h-sd-channels-mega/

Now taking ur questions 1 by 1:

1) a) I dont know where has this rumour about higher recording capacity has originated. Till now there is no official word from D2h on this. Just that there is some shortage of HD DVRs around, and they are claiming "Technical issues". Now what issue is it, we dont know.
b) Next, coming to recording capacity.....its still showing only 71 hours. But i want to ask u - do u need that much storage? I dont need that much, so i m pretty okay with it. Yeah i too have curiosity as to why its showing just 71 hours. I have asked their engineers many time, but no 1 has given any proper answer.

2) Dolby Digital is available only on Star HD Channels. All other channels arent giving u perfect Dolby sound. So u r getting DD in the channels possible. And of what i was told by the engineer yesterday, i can tell that u need S/PDIF or Co-axial cable to enjoy that sound.

3) I think this has been answered by the initial part of my post! And not only that, i had gone to Vijay Sales yesterday, as some relatives wanted to check out Flat Panels. And over there too, i cudnt see any difference between Tata Sky & D2h on screens as wide as 50 inches, in terms of Quality. At 1 point, i even felt that the quality i m getting on my TV, is lesser than the one i saw at the Store. :jealous:
Short for all the story.....v r pretty much happy with the quality. If someone doesnt get good quality, its mainly due to some signal or alignment issues.

4) I think this also is more or less answered. They havent compromised on quality at all. Its as clear as crystal & as sharp as ever!

Thank you very much for taking time to answer this long list of questions of mine.. 🙂 I really dont know whether I would need more than the capacity that is available right now. But if more is available on the cards, I would pretty much like to wait. greed is always part of human.. 🙂 But If there is more space, I dont need to delete frequently to accommodate newer one. btw... how long can I hold on to any recording? is there any limit?

Yeah greed is always a human tendency!On holding period, u can have the setting for that. Either auto-deletion after a particular period/availability of free space, or on ur likes. So basically, u can hold on to ur favorite recordings, till u like. Just that u shud make sure u dont do a Reset with Format......

I buy HD DVR about 1 week ago & it activated now from day before yesterday. I didnt recharge for it bcoz of I dont have cust. ID but engineer active 165 plan for demo.Problem isI cant use record facility now. What is solution? & when I change channel after specific interval video & audio automatically take pause for half second. Is it happen same with all DVR?Thanks.

Recording facility is separately activated. Get in touch with the Service Engineer for activating it.Never noticed this audio video pause.

Now new issue.When I record a content. At 3 seconds before the end of the content audio automatically disable & vdo goes slowly. Anybody of u face same issue?

I had copy a clip from a recorded content & it happened with it but dont know about only recorded content. I think its about copy content where we make separate a part of recorded content in separate file. Did you do before in past?Thanks.

wait plz

----------

When u play recorded content select particular part by pressing up (called bookmark & it shows as dot on seek bar after u create bookmark) button for two time (at start & end of particular part which u want to select) U can cancel bookmark when u are on that bookmark & option delete will available below of seek bar.

After select two bookmark press up button (option edit) Choose action between copy / cut / split.

Press up down & go to bookmark which u want to select (In list begining / manual selected bookmarks / end are as options) when u select a bookmark u see selected part's image. Press blue button to add bookmark. Add two bookmark minimum. Now on seek bar color of selected part will change. Press ok to proceed & click ok to next message. DVR will proceed on selected action. It will take few time to proceed. Depends on content length which proceed by DVR for.

Copy > Make separate another same copy of selected part from recorded content. Extra copy u can found in record library with name Abstract + (Original file name). For example: songs etc.

Cut > Delete selected part from recorded content. I dont know it make another copy for that / not but I think it process on original copy. For example: advertisements.

Split > Separate recorded cont. from added bookmark. This I didnt try. For example: Make separate mixed songs.

----------

Copy content saves in record library folder with name Abstract + (original file name)