Which USB modem/3G data card would you recommend?

• Thread starter Thread starter baxilone
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 4,592

baxilone

ISP
BSNL
A friend of mine is coming down from Europe and he plans to be here for around 4 months. I'm wondering which USB modem/3G data card/anything else I should get for him (I'll be getting it in my name, of course). He'll be staying in Mylapore in Chennai, but will also be travelling to other parts of Tamil Nadu, Kerala and Karnataka. Coverage in Chennai and the other places I've mentioned above will be key, and of course, stability and overall reliability. Speed isn't the most important thing, but if there's some plan which gives good speeds at reasonable prices, that'll be great. Usage won't be heavy....at the most, maybe 10 gb a month or so.This is a noob question. All 3G data cards can be used with laptops, right? But can they all be used with Apple laptops on the Mac OS?I'm clueless about this and would really appreciate any help. Should I go for a USB broadband service like Photon +, or for a 3G data card? Also, if anyone here has used one of these to good effect in Mylapore or nearby areas in Chennai, please let me know.

Just bumping this, with the hope that someone can help. To sum up my above post, I'm looking for the best USB modem or 3G data card to use in Chennai and during occasional travels in Kerala, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. Data usage shouldn't exceed 10 gb a month, and budget is a maximum of 1500 pm. The most important thing is I need a service that I can use without problems on a Mac laptop, and something that is reliable, in terms of coverage, service and billing. Thanks in advance for any help!