Suggestions needed!

vicky24

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 22, 2011
Hey guys! I have come to a conclusion to move to Videocon d2h and i need a little help regarding this matter.The first thing is that im using tata sky sd for almost 5 years and not a single problem faced yet.So i want to know whether Videocon d2h is as reliable as tata sky since they are fairly new to the game.The second thing is that i live in Chennai and i want to know what tamil channels they offer..?And another thing is the picture quality.. I had a look at the pictures but opinion from the users would be much more helpful.Please give in your suggestions so that i could place my order ASAP! Thanks in advance !

pkarthik24

Regular
Regulars
Oct 21, 2008
D2H is very good, comes to customer care every were (all operators) are same... reg. picture clarity first tell me what TV u have? and what connection your going to take SD or HD or DVR?

vicky24

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 22, 2011
Well i got the samsung UA40D5000PRMXL.. And im considering hd and not the dvr !

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
Ok. So the PQ, is good. U have seen the pics already, so i m not sharing that link again. But u wud have realised that its just snaps taken from a cell (although a really good quality N8 cell!). In actual viewing it will look better than what it appears in the snap.

And for Tamil channels, we have many south users around to help u out on that. Also we have a complete list (regularly updated) of channels available on D2h. Here is the link: http://broadbandforum.in/videocon-d2h-dth/57087-videocon-d2h-dth-channel-list/

And for reliability, well we need to know whats ur definition of reliability. Different people have different parameters set for it. So do let us know whats ur key requirement here.

vicky24

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 22, 2011
Thanks for the channels' list mate. I dont see BBC ENTERTAINMENT in there but, guess i'd have to adjust. And coming to reliability that lies with the STB and other such things. Cant specify the other things since i cant put them in words.I mean no hanging of the STB, or such cases. Simple as that.And another thing is that in their website they have put an offer that if i get their connection they'd give me 2 months of south platinum hd for free.Can you enlighten me further?Dont i have to recharge at all ? Correct me if im wrong.

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
Ok.....so if BBC Entertainment isnt there, it might not be there at all. But still, i wud check up the site, and update here, IF ITS THERE.And reliability of STB - the HD Zapper that u want, has some slower channel change time. Around 2 odd seconds i guess. And also, it hangs when u open the Radio services of D2h, which is very heavy. It doesnt happen always, but still for some notable no. of times.For the offer of 2 months, yes u will get it. U wont be required to recharge for that much period. Its absolutely free.

vicky24

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 22, 2011
Thanks for notifying me mate. I think its similar to tatasky, i mean the channel change time, and i wont be using the radio services at all. And if i recharge 500 a month, how many days does it last for? And what are the chances of the STB getting hanged if not using their radio services?

Jaymin

A Big Fan of IBF
Regulars
Oct 18, 2010
Max recharge u can do is 441 pm, to get all the channels offered on D2h platform - including the HD. And these days u also have some offers going for quarterly, or half yearly or yearly and even 2 yearly recharges. So ur cost wud go down further, depending upon the offer u take.And if u dont use radio, i guess then the chances are very low of the STB hanging. If u dont show patience in using it, it might hang, but not in normal usage. I think u better wait for some Zapper users to comment more on this. I m a DVR user, and mentioning something what i have read. They wud share their experiences.

vicky24

Regular
[OP]
Regulars
Oct 22, 2011
Yeah, and what about the event based hd channels like Tatasky. Do they got something like that up their sleeve?What about Neo hd?