What DTH to get?

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 57
  • Views Views 8,540
Dont know why thats happening.....But over HDMI i m getting multi channel audio. When the sound is meant to come from a particular speaker, it comes out from there only. And after this discussion started here, i have been noticing closely.Regardless of what ur amp shows, u try to listen what ur speakers are giving out......may be that cud give u a better idea. 🙂

dude the amp is right. No dth player in India supports multi channel over HDMI. god only knows why. Jaymin, that amount of sound output can be decided with the most primitive of 5.1 speaker setups.

That means you are still only getting stereo sound out of your speakers. I know for a fact that the box is not outputting multi channel sound over hdmi, because my amp clearly shows how many channels of audio are incoming and how many are being output to my 5.1 speaker set-up. This despite enabling multi channel sound in the settings option.

Yes, Presently I am getting stereo effect bcoz actual Home Theatre is not being used by me. But as Jaymin said he is getting 5.1 channel effect in his sound system.

I dont have home theatre but I would like to mention thatFew HD channels has option for doubly digital sound when u change language if there is a such option in language list. Check it.But I think they provide almost all channels with doubly digital sound audio, aren't they?

Ohhhhhhhhh thanks. SD channels in stereo & HD channels in 5.1. Right? ok.

Jaymin, that amount of sound output can be decided with the most primitive of 5.1 speaker setups.

Thats what i m telling.....what else do u want in multi channel audio? It gives u the ryt audio from ryt satellite, so doesn't it qualify as multi channel?

Dont know why thats happening.....But over HDMI i m getting multi channel audio. When the sound is meant to come from a particular speaker, it comes out from there only. And after this discussion started here, i have been noticing closely.

Regardless of what ur amp shows, u try to listen what ur speakers are giving out......may be that cud give u a better idea. 🙂

Not sure what multi-channel sound you are getting over HDMI, but I am definitely getting stereo sound over HDMI and nothing more. This is a fact. Also the amp gives precise info on which channels are active, so there's no need to use a 'ear test'.

----------

Thats what i m telling.....what else do u want in multi channel audio? It gives u the ryt audio from ryt satellite, so doesn't it qualify as multi channel?

Actually it doesn't. By multi-channel audio we're referring to Dolby Digital 5.1 encoded audio, which requires a decoder of some sort (typically an amp) to output the DD 5.1 sound to the correct channel.

----------
dude the amp is right. No dth player in India supports multi channel over HDMI. god only knows why.

I have just installed a Tata Sky + HD box and am pleasantly surprised that I am getting Dolby Digital 5.1 audio over HDMI for the HD channels, which I am NOT getting from my Videocon HD DVR box. Some months ago even Tata Sky + HD was not outputting 5.1 Dolby Digital over HDMI for HD channels, but it is now!

Actually this is the reason y i always insist that don't change ur DTH for a channel or 2.After u find that urn previous dth added the channels, u start finding nooks with the new 1.First u said u didnt get multi channel output and then u say u dont get Dolby digital sound....Let me tell u that Dolby Digital sound is provided only by Star Group.And that ideally shuddering be available over HDMI. I don't know y theres an issue here.....

Hey, let's not nit-pick over the choice of words. The fact is my experience with Videocon has been negative from the word go and the only reason I chose them was because I REALLY wanted to watch F1 in Hi Def. Sorry to say but the software in the Videocon box really sucks compared to Tata's Sky box.The reason I say my experience was negative from the word go was because Videocon even took more than 24 hours to activate my box after installation, which prevented me from watching an F1 race in HD that Sunday. What's more they gave me the wrong package despite my paying for the "All channels incl. HD" pack and then took another 24 hours to activate my HD channels!The Tata box was installed here today and by the time they finished installing, all my channels were active. No need to say any more.

Now that TS had added ESPN HD, you can easily throw your d2h HD box and enjoy TS. bcoz you already like TS and they boldly promote their Sound as 7.1 Dolby Digital.

Yup, but I'll keep the Videocon box for a couple more months 'til my subscription with them expires and just to be sure that TS+ HD keeps ESPN HD on permanently. Then I'll probably hock the Videocon box for whatever I can get. As for 7.1 sound in TS+ HD, I can't confirm or deny, because my setup is only a 5.1 setup, but it definitely works in 5.1 DD on the HD channels over HDMI, that much I can confirm.

Bt do tell us, does your AMP shows all 5.1 effect when TS is connected using HDMI cable bcoz it will clarify the doubts.

Yes it does, all six channels, but only on the HD channels. The SD channels are stereo sound only.

Yes it does, all six channels, but only on the HD channels. The SD channels are stereo sound only.

Ya ya, that is well known that SD channels are Stereo and only HD channels are 5.1

Also, till now all HD channels launched in India have 5.1 channel output. God knows how TS is advertising 7.1 on their website.