300s In ODIs: India Break Australia's Record

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 29
  • Views Views 6,662
U mean Shiv Sena had dug up Kotla? I was under the impression of Wankhede/Brabourne. Do these hooligans have such a presence in Delhi too?Anyways, i didnt get the connection between the 2 things, that u want to convey here!

well what I wrote was both a joke and a fact, you know. And know also the freak "Sena" has lost tooth after the cartoon lost his nephew to migrating biharis. In those days they had ministers in delhi.The idea was that Indian Cricket Team has tonked more 300s than anybody else alright because the Indian pitches allow us to, you know, score those many runs. Even the English folks do it these days who have people like "Gatting the Second"(Bairstow) on board.

Out of top 50 ODI scores for all teams, 11 are in India and 10 in SA. So it's not that scoring is easy in India compared to other places. ODI pitches the world over are batting beauties now. India did score half of those 300+ scores overseas. Didn't it?About Shiv Sena - It never had a major presence in Delhi. But you can always find 10-20 hooligans anywhere. That said, even the minor presence it had earlier has waned to almost zero now.

right 10 in SA. Two came in a freak match. and out of the remaining eight innings 5 had no credible opposition. the 11 innings played out in India had top flight opposition bowling except two occasions.- India also had a freak match when SL almost chased a near impossible 414.- Highest WC final chase has been in India (the australia first innings score in the 03 final narrowly missed the cut on the top 50 innings scores). Big pressure stuff.- The Sachin 200 match is rarely remembered for a simple stat that an attack led by Dale Steyn was ripped apart for 400 runs in a single inning.Yes India has done really well abroad too. But no one can deny the fact that we dish out the flattest wickets in the world because a SIX sells in India irrespective of whether it is Indian.

right 10 in SA. Two came in a freak match. and out of the remaining eight innings 5 had no credible opposition.

the 11 innings played out in India had top flight opposition bowling except two occasions.

- India also had a freak match when SL almost chased a near impossible 414.
- Highest WC final chase has been in India (the australia first innings score in the 03 final narrowly missed the cut on the top 50 innings scores). Big pressure stuff.
- The Sachin 200 match is rarely remembered for a simple stat that an attack led by Dale Steyn was ripped apart for 400 runs in a single inning.

Yes India has done really well abroad too. But no one can deny the fact that we dish out the flattest wickets in the world because a SIX sells in India irrespective of whether it is Indian.

Well, we can dish out a plethora of stats to make our point more sound. Cant we? Of the 11 venues in India how many were the traditional venues?

The "freak" match was played on a highway of a pitch - both in SA and in India. The net run rate of the 2011 WC was less than the run-rate for the England-Australia series in Australia that preceded the WC.

It is common knowledge that ODI wickets are flat the world over - India is no exception. But India is not the place that serves the flattest of tracks all the time unless slow turners amount to being "flat" for you. The reason Indians make big score at home is because they can play spinners more effectively. Even in the recent series against England while India could score close to 300 (making the pitch look flat), England crumbled for under 200 (unable to play spin).

dude well you started the comparisons right?

any adjectives you associate with the Indian wickets, the fact will still remain that aside from the freak incidents you aint getting a 300+ easily outside India. It really is not a question of us being able to play spin "effectively".

Even if I take your argument, why doesn't our pace lineup return such over-the-top figures when in SA/Aus/England with the consistency that their spinners get tonked in India?

dude well you started the comparisons right?

any adjectives you associate with the Indian wickets, the fact will still remain that aside from the freak incidents you aint getting a 300+ easily outside India. It really is not a question of us being able to play spin "effectively".

Even if I take your argument, why doesn't our pace lineup return such over-the-top figures when in SA/Aus/England with the consistency that their spinners get tonked in India?

Err..comparisons are valid as long as you don't come out with ones that look weird - like highest WC chase being in India! Don't know what purpose it serves?

Our pace lineup is not good, period. Be it Indian conditions or foreign ones. They get hammered in ODIs abroad. The good occasional showing is only in Tests - be it Ishant troubling Ponting or Sreesanth bouncing Kallis. And it's common knowledge that Indians handle spin way better than Aussies or Proteas handle pace. The chances of Shane Warne getting hammered by Indians on a turning track is higher than Steyn getting hammered by an Aussie on a green top. Aint it?

Now you say that getting 300+ ain't easy outside India. Haven't we already seen that of 50 top scores 39 were outside India. Seriously, is that how you comprehend stats?

Right of 50 scores 39 come around the world and 21 come in from a single country.There are so many Indian pacemen whose average is better outside India. Zaheer for example has an average which is better outside India. Anyways the idea that you have of Indians playing spin better was probably valid when Warne and Murali were around. There is no class spinner on the radar today. Compare that to the Steyn and figure

Right of 50 scores 39 come around the world and 21 come in from a single country.

There are so many Indian pacemen whose average is better outside India. Zaheer for example has an average which is better outside India.

Anyways the idea that you have of Indians playing spin better was probably valid when Warne and Murali were around. There is no class spinner on the radar today. Compare that to the Steyn and figure

Not 29 but 11!!

While there aren't great spinners now, there are poor ones. So easy to thrash them more than it was to thrash Warne and Murali?

oh yeah sorry. my bad. but still 11 from a single nation is a lot in 50. Easier to thrash spinners, yes. But how does our pace lineup survive the world so easily?

Don't think it survives that easily. Already said that Indians play spin better on pitches that assist spin than Aussies or Proteas play pace on green tops. Thus Indian pacers may not get the same treatment away as spinners get in India.

but then you seriously shouldnt expect them to return figures better or even comparable to those they have at home in any case.Zaheer, Srinath, Ishant all have better averages ouside India. It is so easy to say we play spinners better so we tonk the worlds best one-day bowler of the day and our pacemen do well outside India all coz the conditions are so suited to them. That IMHO would be a very lopsided view

I cant seem to get your point. Indian seamers do well abroad because the conditions suit them. The spinners of other counties would do something similar in India but for the Indian bats. I mean Indian spinners have great records in India while someone like Warne has poor stats despite being way more talented than Kumble or Harbhajan. The only reason can be Indians being great players of spin. I mean suppose Holding (one of the greatest pacer) plays in SA on a green top and returns with a bowling average of 40+ while SA seamers have better averages. This could only show that SA players handle pace way better than the Windies did (this is a hypothetical example).Something similar the Indians have been doing for quite some time now wrt spin.

There are flat wickets all over the world. No second thoughts on that. And it also depends on the weather conditions then. The curator makes some pitch & the weather makes it look a different strip altogether.I still very well remember the Centurion strip in Nov 2010. When we batted, the pitch was fresh, had lots of moisture under it, and was green. But for the time we batted, there was bright sunshine. There was bright sunshine to follow on the remaining days.........and u saw what kind of a belter it had become.Else i do recall quite a few low-scoring encounters in the recent World Cup itself.