Aalu Anday | Beygairat Brigade

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 2,150
lol!

Time Magazine has just posted an article about them!

The video above, posted by a band of 20-something Pakistani musicians in the country's cultural capital Lahore, has become a viral hit in South Asia. "Aalu Anday" or "Potato and Eggs" starts innocently enough but soon launches into a tongue-in-cheek attack on the country's political establishment and its conservative, religious underpinnings. The group is named the "Beygairat" Brigade, meaning "without honor," a jab at the Ghairat brigade, a term invoked in the Pakistani media grouping together some of the country's most vocal nationalists and supporters of political Islam — the community very much at the receiving end of the musicians' Punjabi satire. The song has not only made waves in Pakistan, but across the border in India, where the plight of Pakistan's beleaguered liberals has won a lot of sympathy.

Satirical Video Attacks the Military-Religious Complex in Pakistan - Readability

Such a hard hitting yet very funny song ..I wish we had such bands in India too rather than sutta and danda BS ..

sutta song is from a pakistani band and not india. i dont know about the other song.

is it? but wherever u see the song they say its made by IIT or IIM guys.. blah blah ..

----------

still thing is tht their rock culture is so good .. So many good singers and composers there ..
Although they r bs of a country for me .. but singing is wht they r way ahead of india ..

ok tht's cool .. so tht settle the sutta song origination .. 😀Anyways I have heard this song aalu anday 30-40times today and can hear it 100 times more.. Such an awesome song.. classic rhyming .. brilliant music ..Just can't thank u enough for posting this song.. can't believe it was posted 20 days back and I missed tht ..