1984 Anti-Sikh Riots

devx101

Senior
[OP]
Regulars
Dec 29, 2010
1984 riots: ‘Why nobody noticed Amitabh Bachchan spewing venom in India’ - The Times of India

Following Prime Minister Indira Gandhi's assassination by her Sikh bodyguards Satwant Singh and Beant Singh, India erupted in riots against Sikhs in 1984. Reminiscing the sad memories of hate crime against Sikhs she said, "I watched live relay on Doordarshan and saw Amitabh Bachchan raising his arm and shouting the slogan, 'khun ka badla khun sae laengae' (Blood for blood) two times. "

Startling revelations, if true he should really apologize for it publicly. One should not expect such words from a mass leader.

agantuk

Bhatakti Aatma
Regulars
Jun 13, 2009
I won't be surprised if he indeed said such a thing. He has never been the smartest of people, definitely not when he was younger.

real_india

Regular
Regulars
Nov 30, 2005
Even more shocking if true, is for the fact that his Mother Teji Bachchan was a Sardarni!

rodeoz

Mirror Cracking Material
Regulars
May 21, 2011
Delhi
Prima Facie these are false allegations. Amitabh has not been named in the anti-Sikh riots before. Considering senior Congress leaders have been implicated there is no reason why Amitabh would have been spared, specially after he severed all ties with the Congress and even campaigned against them in UP.Is it a surprise that these allegations surfaced in Australia all of a sudden at a time when Amitabh is busy inaugurating a travel bursary in the name of his father in Melbourne?

Toocool

Addicts
Apr 2, 2007
Tell the same to people who have lost lives...

first things first....why after 3 decades suddenly this thing surfaced...????? i don't believe it. u it seems are being emotional .....a name just came after 3 decades and u started firing....

moindear

Internet addict!
Regulars
May 5, 2009
ಬೆಂಗಳೂರು
first things first....why after 3 decades suddenly this thing surfaced...????? i don't believe it. u it seems are being emotional .....a name just came after 3 decades and u started firing....

Why a name came up now is food for thought, some politics would have been involved.

But does not not convert a wrong to right. Does it?

If someone did something wrong, he should be punished...

Imagine if someone close to you had lost lives due to this. WIll it be the same reaction then?

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
Umm I think he is telling that to me, because I am taking Narendra Modi's side.

In reality if any relative dies, u feel it, u miss them. But u get over it in 3-4 months or 3-4 years. (u miss them here and there at occassions)

But if u still feel like taking REVENGE after 3 decades (that too all of a sudden), u shud know that may be u r no different from that person u r trying to take REVENGE on.

That person may have changed in 3 decades, may really be sorry from heart, but you have not changed, u still want REVENGE.

----------

Abt Amitabh, its still not clear if he really did that.

And do NOT forget that in 1984 Indira Gandhi was like mother to him.

So ur principle applies, anybody whose close person die might put up such statement against person/community whom he thinks is reponsible for.

Ofcourse its wrong, but I am putting this statement from your principle/view point.