BSNL Broadband to double speeds on Home Combo plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter rocky007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 73
  • Views Views 19,419
Isn't it illegal to run differential plans statewise by BSNL?

If it isn't, it damn well should be! Does my money have less worth than those of subscribers from TN, Karnataka etc.? I didn't know that INR valuation now differs by state! If I pay BSNL the same amount, I should get the same service. Otherwise it's partiality and favoritism. It's not like broadband is a local resource, made/grown in TN etc. and shipped to others.

Airtel has been doing this for a long long time now.

Only upgrades to the "lower-end" plans are all India. The ones using 1350, 1700, 2150 in most the country are left out in the cold, with plans that are far lesser, both in speeds and bandwidth, than a few select areas of the country. It's worse since it's BSNL, a government unit. All citizens are supposed to be equal in the eyes of the govt.!

It's also pretty illogical. Not only should it not matter which state gets what speed when it comes to broadband, but BSNL is, as I have heard, trying to make those plans more attractive in the preferred states because they have been facing massive user attrition there. Soooo, their plan is to wait until they face a similar situation in the rest of the country before trying to something about it?!? Brilliant!

There is a local cable ISP offering 2 Mbps unlimited at 1500/-. Before these plans were announced I was thinking about leaving BSNL for it. The ISP isn't available in my area yet, but is expected to be in March. I would still prefer BSNL, since I have been a subscriber to their BB since the year they started giving broadband (6-7 years ago? Maybe more?) and I have come to appreciate their customer support. But if their plans aren't good enough, then sayonara BSNL! And I won't be the only one, since it's only logical to go for a better deal where available. BSNL will soon start facing the same problem in other parts of the country as they did with BEAM in Hyderabad, with smaller cable operators being able to move and adapt much faster to customer expectations, not being mired in politics and being run by people more technically proficient.

getting this speed for quite some time:

speed doubled or just a temporary bump? download speed ranging between 110 - 135 Kbps! :O
i'm on 750 UL scheme.

Why don't we all just have some patience.
You mean, you want us to wait for another 3 years?? :silly:

patience doesn't mean 3 yrs, he mean wait little, after all bsnl hs to cover whole the INDIA, we even enjoying BSNL in village, where no body support us in broad band, I will say, thnks BSNL

I'm on 750 ULD planI completed 6 gb on 1 Mbps within 2 days, its gone back to 512Kbps and now its back to 1 Mbps 😀

patience doesn't mean 3 yrs, he mean wait little, after all bsnl hs to cover whole the INDIA, we even enjoying BSNL in village, where no body support us in broad band, I will say, thnks BSNL
Well, we all have been waiting for faster and affordable unlimited broadband from BSNL for quite some time, but with no vain. With the present business model being followed by BSNL, I don't think we have any hope in near future. BSNL doesn't want to give analogous tariff structure of MTNL even. Now it is giving better tariff in the places where other players have (almost) wiped out BSNL, and the rest of India is left with pea-nuts. Actually, BSNL needs a good kick in the back, otherwise it wont even think about moving forward. So, in my opinion, contemplating another 3 years wait doesn't seem unreasonable.

And, the way BSNL is going, soon it will exist only in the remote Indian villages.

might u right, but its the other side of the picture, that, bsnl is the only who provide in remote villages of 80% poplulation of INDIA.

I am on 750 combo ULD and I was getting 1 mbps and I think I crossed the 6gb limit. Now I am getting 256kbps for some reason. Ping has increased to thrice what I was getting, from 66ms to 188ms

@tyrannor - something wrong... as per the revised tariff of ULD 750, you should get 1Mbps till 6GB and later 512kbps.