Home750 U/L CHENNAI CIRCLE

Shrii Ram

[OP]
Oct 18, 2011
Just curious heard that there is no fup in 750 bsnl unlimited 512kbps speed...is that true!!!!!! and is it possible o change ip address by switching off and turning on the modem.......

naveen_reloaded

>
Regulars
Sep 2, 2007
Please correct me crosswire , but isnt all ISP giving dynamic ip address by default and static ip address needs to be purchased ?

Shrii Ram

[OP]
Oct 18, 2011
Please correct me crosswire , but isnt all ISP giving dynamic ip address by default and static ip address needs to be purchased ?

why i am asking this is because i was using reliance my ip address was not changing when i switch off and turn on the modem......cos there are some file hosting sites which doesn't allow continuous downloads for free members unless you change yr ip......inn reliance i had this problem of changing ip's by switching off and on the modem.......thats i had to change the operator to sir tel but in air tel fup is there

naveen_reloaded

>
Regulars
Sep 2, 2007
@Srii , All ISP IIRC should only provide dynamic ip for normal internet users , as a part of safety and privacy concern. Static IP in general are not given for normal users , as they cost a lot . As for BSNL , yes , when you switch on and off , the ip address will change. If you use modems like netgear , you dont have to switch on and off the modem , you can login into the router page and initiate a new connection , its fast too.as for downloading part , use Jdownloader .

MonsterBallsofDoom

Crotch Shot Expert
Regulars
Jul 18, 2011
my parents @ lucknow have this plan and yes, its unlimited but its 512 kbps is so slow . nothing beyond 360p on youtube although its good enough for my dad . i'm stuck @ lucknow till diwali and hence no gaming for me as pings are really bad . i mean so bad that i want to smash my monitor now .

naveen_reloaded

>
Regulars
Sep 2, 2007
my parents @ lucknow have this plan and yes, its unlimited but its 512 kbps is so slow . nothing beyond 360p on youtube although its good enough for my dad . i'm stuck @ lucknow till diwali and hence no gaming for me as pings are really bad . i mean so bad that i want to smash my monitor now .

yes nothing beyond 360p. As for Ping , I play COD MW 2 and indian servers have ping less than 50ms or even less. There are also singapore servere with less ping. Although i do agree that this is not anything of gaming standards.. but enough if you are in rural area like me :D

MonsterBallsofDoom

Crotch Shot Expert
Regulars
Jul 18, 2011
the lowest ping i'm getting right now is 94 on a server , while that might be good enough for CS or COD as its a mini-sec delay but in DotA(not many mainstream gamers know it) it really makes me look like a noob in a team fight .i have stopped playing for last few days . gonna get arkham city tomorrow , till then Rage would help me pass time .