Cannot make calls from Vodafone Mobile to BSNL Landlines

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 19, 2007
svknet.wordpress.com
Since last 2-3 days I am not able to make calls from my Vodafone mobile to BSNL Landline numbers. Luckily I have Aircel and Docomo sim at my home so had no problem while calling from home. But while I am out, I only have Vodafone with me. And its really difficult to call any BSNL landline. I get recorded message from Vodafone that BSNL has blocked incoming calls to their landline service.
In news its mentioned that Vodafone, Airtel and Idea (Top 3 mobile companies of India) are blocked by BSNL. It is really unethical by BSNL to block calls and Govt/TRAI should immediately sort this issue.

----------

Thread title changed? I had entered title "BSNL Landline Blockage"

x720

Incoherent Poster
Regulars
Aug 14, 2011
Gurgaon | Mumbai
Is this happening all over India or only in certain circles ? I seem to have no problem calling bsnl landlines from airtel, vodafone and idea.

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 19, 2007
svknet.wordpress.com
Its happening in Maharashtra and Goa Circle. Not sure about other circles.

amish

Star gazer
Regulars
Jul 3, 2006
Mumbai
Well one cant say its unethical.Due to interconnect agreement, BSNL can not block them unless it has very high case in hand to prove that it was ethical.If blocking a call was completely disallowed then these private operators will never pay bills to BSNL.

kramkumar

Regulars
Nov 16, 2010
Navi Mumbai
Last week the same thing happened in Chandigarh. BSNL blocked all incoming calls from mobiles. I was on business trip, using Idea mobile and suffered. I could not call my client office.

R

rajm11

sala Idea and vdodaphone aholes,. try to leech money from us on the time and cant pay their own bills, I say demand discount for the outage of service, I am doing it, I am getting atleast 500 off the next bill......seriously guys push them towards edge, ask them I am being severly affected what about giving me a discount....

SVK

svknet.wordpress.com
[OP]
Regulars
Jan 19, 2007
svknet.wordpress.com
Well you cant make calls TO BSNL from those operators but u can now make calls from BSNL to those operators.
Yes. Calls from Landline to these 3 operators is allowed. And even we can call landline from Aircel and Docomo (I have to use either of these 2 now for calling Landline)