Need Advice with choosing a new connection

Fiber_Optic

Regulars
I am planning on getting a new wiredline connection for my desktop, right now I have Rel Netconenct but the connection is not very good, the speed is erratic and connection goes down every now and then. Unfortunately I'm not from hyderabad, so Beam is not an option 🙂 I was thinking of Airtel's 4 mbps-75 GB Fup plan, but recently I have read that airtel is throtling torrent speed, the reviews I have read about Reliance in this forum are not that great either. In chennai MTNL is not an option and BSNL has a 8 GB fup limit. Is there any other service that I can choose, or should I just go with Airtel since it seems to be the least worst.

BSNL only has an 8GB FUP limit if you choose that plan. They have a lot of plans available, but you may have to spend more money.Airtel does seem to have this reputation of throttling torrents so based on nothing more than reports from Airtel customers, I'd say to not go for them if you're concerned about this. Reliance does seem to be trying to improve lately, so, maybe only posts made this year about them would be relevant.

BSNL plans with more than 50 - 60 GB FuP are more RS 2000, definitely costlier than what Airtel and Reliance are offering. I'm beginging to lean towards Reliance since even there post FuP speed is 600 kbps, instead of 256 of Airtel. My only other choice is to wait for 4G launch and hope it doesn't get delayed any further.Hope to see Hayai in chennai some day, may be then the customer would have some good choice to choose from.