• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 1,849
Status
Not open for further replies.

tendulkar

ISP
VSNL
Hello ... I have a Tata Indicom 2 Mbps broadband connection that uses a PPPoE dialer. Tata Indicom provided me with a ADSL modem to connect to the internet.It was working fine for more than a year. But the last 3 weeks, it gives me a problem.The connection works fine for 5 or 6 hours. Then a problem happens. The POWER LED and the LAN LED on the modem are steady and green and fine. But the WAN LED blinks for a minute or two. Then it goes steady for 15 seconds or 30 seconds. Then it starts blinking again. Then it goes steady.My solution to this is to fiddle with the WAN cabling. Or I move the modem to a different location one or two feet away which changes the direction of the cables etc.Now it starts working fine again. But problem recurs after another 6 or 7 hours.There is a cable that comes into my house from the pole outside (external WAN cable). The WAN port on the modem has a cable attached to it. These two cables were joined together by Tata Indicom staff members. They just stripped the insulation and twisted the two cables together.Is there a better way to join these two cables together? Because I suspect there is a loose connection where they are joined. Do they ever use soldering or some kind of connector to join the cables?Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.