Home 500 Plan Is Useless In Kolkata

• Thread starter Thread starter kolkata
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2,952

kolkata

Hi,
The problem is violent for me now. Listen--
I applied for the Home 500 Plan and saw the same thing i.e. they are adding whatever I download between 2.00 am-8.00 am. I also noticed that they have named my plan as "startup plan". I contacted to my local exchange and they assured me although the online report is wrong,everything will be properly calculated and ofcourse my plan is "home 500" according to their papers. But when the bill came, I saw nothin was deducted. My total download during July was 1.418 GB and of which 1.109 GB was during the night unlimited time. But still they charged me for that extra 0.418 GB. Today I went to my Ranikuthi Exchange and as there were many people, the concerned officer told me to pay the bill for now and write a letter to him for that. He will see the matter later. I know what does that mean in Kolkata because previously there was the same type of error in our telephone bill for which we had to pay almost Rs. 6000/- extra and we had to write a letter complaining about that and still they have not got any time to see the matter. And now I am very much concerned about my August bill, because the total size is 2.4 GB of which I downloaded 2.1 GB during night unlimited time. BELIEVE ME, I talked with 99% people of that exchange and all of them are quarter literate about the basics of computer. And 99% of them are yet to properly understand what is Night Unlimited because they don't even know properly what is KB,MB,GB,TB,EB etc.
You know one thing, now I believe that BSNL has taken a wrong move to set themselve as an ISP. They don't have any qualification to do that.
Probably, I will pay the bill for this time and opt for Sify or something else.
Bye for today,
Kolkata
P.S.-Don't tell me to opt for home 900 plan, my friend who shifted from home 500 to home 900 is yet to pay the bill for the amout of 10 GB which he downloaded on the first month of home 900 plan because the exchange is yet to update his record for the new plan.

^ I'd suggest to write your grievance to popular news papersin in your place . As they publish it , most probably BSNL willresolve your problem . you can also contact a popular newschannel to air your grievance ...< edit : duplicate post >

Hey man ..... Dont be nerves!! Just consult a good Advocate and take BSNL to Consumer Court. As per recent Supreme Court Rullings if you happen to buy sertain services by paying money directly, then that service provider can be taken to consumer courts. May be some friends here (in forum) who are Lawyers by professional can shed some more light.Its a Grave matter and We have right to ask right questions about it. Ahh by the way You can try Right to INFORMATION (RTI) by asking BSNL about your Phone bills and this Start-up plan Goof up.. I am sure onces they come under scruitney thay will opt for a way out ....that will be suitable for you..-pranKster.

Well today I am asked to visit my Local Exchange and I will have to take all the print out of my data uses and show it to them. The officer finally told me that only the total data usage came to them from bangalore and no details of night unlimited usage for my account is on their hand. So i have to take the printout and show the details to them and probably if they find it out to be true, they will adjust it on the next bill.One thing I don't understand, why don't they see the details on BSNL portal infront of me using my username/password?Bye for today,Debajit Biswas