Plan changed, cost not changed - robbery by Airtel

• Thread starter Thread starter vramak
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,857

vramak

ISP
Airtel
I used to have 1 Mbps Unlimited plan (Rs.1874 p/m including taxes.) which had a FUP limit of 100 gb. A few months ago, Airtel upgraded the speed to 2Mbps and downgraded the FUP limit to 30 Gb. The cost was the same.Now, when I check the plans for my region Airtel advertises that the 2 Mbps plan with 30 Gb limit costs only Rs.1299 per month! I don't know when this new pricing was announced but I've been getting charged Rs.1874 p/m till now for a service that Airtel advertises as costing only Rs.1299 p/m. I can only brand this practice as robbery considering Airtel never fails to slap Rs.100 fine when I miss paying my bill by a day but fails to update my plan's pricing.Has something like this happened to anyone else ? What's the best way (if any) to resolve this matter ?

This is practise from the days of dinasours from Airtel. One of the MAJOR reasons I hate them! Experienced it before... Kicked/Kicking them out as and when in phases from my home...

Till last year Airtel policy was that they would never change your plan, regardless of whether the new plans were more or less expensive, better or worse than your current oneNew policy is that they will change your plan to the new plan if it a more expensive/worse plan, but not if it is better

yea..happened to a lot of users! My solution..call those bastards and tell them you're quitting! wait for their customer retention guys to call you and demand your old plan back..if thats what you want! IF you want refund complain to Customer care...if i seriously doubt they'll return anything! 😕

Not surprising to know the same has happened to others before. Ideally I'd want Airtel to refund the extra amount it has charged me but I'm sure they'll give me some excuse like my plan has some (useless) value added services that the new plans don't have. If the new pricing was announced 3 months back it means that I've paid Airtel about Rs.1300 extra. I can't understand how these corporations can get away with such obviously fraudulent policies. While I have no hopes of getting a refund I'm going to complain to customer care and to the nodal officer and see what excuse they come up with.

What is the post fup speed that you get?

The plan of Rs 1299 which you are talking about has post fup speed of 256 Kbps. However technically post fup on your current plan you should be getting 1 Mbps.

If you are getting 1 Mbps post fup then that is a good deal. but if it is getting reduced to 256 Kbps which should not be happening then that is unethical!

complain to the consumer court... about time someone put a foot forward

I dont think that will help as Airtel has the right to change plans after 6 months