Query regarding Vodafone's 3G Plan

naif

[OP]
Oct 13, 2011
Good day all, I am new here. I just registered myself because I can't figure out few things about the 3G plan offered by Vodafone. The URL of the plan in concern is: Vodafone 3G USB Stick: 3G USB Modem - Internet access for laptop & Desktop | Mumbai

Is anyone here using this plan or has any information pertaining to it? To be specific, I am trying to figure out if whether this plan is really unlimited or if whether it has any catch? Maybe a fair usage policy? And also, what kind of speed does it offer?

dhananjayk

Regular
Regulars
Oct 7, 2010
Naif,I am really surprised to see unlimited plans offered at Rs.599/month It looks like this plan is for 3G n/w access but its not mentioned clearly. @vodafone customer CareCan you confirm whether we can activate 3G unlimited usage plan @ 599/month? If yes then let us know activation procedure.Note: Please don't ask me to call 111 or share my number. This is a public forum and lets discuss publicly.

ulysses

Regular
Regulars
Feb 25, 2011
Naif,
I am really surprised to see unlimited plans offered at Rs.599/month It looks like this plan is for 3G n/w access but its not mentioned clearly.

@vodafone customer Care
Can you confirm whether we can activate 3G unlimited usage plan @ 599/month? If yes then let us know activation procedure.
Note: Please don't ask me to call 111 or share my number. This is a public forum and lets discuss publicly.
This is Vodafone customer Care.......
If you think we are going to give you unlimited 3g internet for 1 month @ Rs 599 ,we also have a newly constructed bridge to sell connecting Navi Mumbai and churchgate!!:Freaky:

rs 599 /month is u/L Gprs plan and not 3G plans. To get you to sign in to postpaid street dealers or voda shop will say anything.

popcorn

Apr 10, 2005
Mumbai
it is 2G data plan. I got fooled in May 2011 with this misleading page of vodafone

----------

speeds are 144 kbps

naif

[OP]
Oct 13, 2011
Thanks everyone for the clarification. I have been doing a lot of research the past few days trying to find a reliable broad brand service and after reviewing almost all available 3G plans in India, I knew this plan was "too good to be true".