Urgent Help Needed - Disconnection While Downloading

• Thread starter Thread starter vmsanandh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 30
  • Views Views 7,774

vmsanandh

ISP
BSNL Broadband
Need urgent help regarding frequent disconnection while downloading.

I tried using MTNL (Mumbai) SIM in Tamil Nadu roaming.

In my area, BSNL enabled 7.2 mbps connections. So, whn chked thru SPEEDTEST, I got 5.6 mbps speed. (Access Point : gprsppsmum)

I have no prblm during usual surfing.

But whn I start downloading files, download speed goes to maximum (750 kbps) and immediately disconnects.

I tried with different sites, but the result is same.

Pls help me regarding this issue.

Did you try to limit your download speed to 5 mbps? if it's still disconnecting, keep lowering your speed till no disconnections occur.

Did you try to limit your download speed to 5 mbps? if it's still disconnecting, keep lowering your speed till no disconnections occur.

Could you pls explain how to limit the speed?

@vmsanandhPlease post replies regarding these issues in a private message...!!...It's just a Request...!!@sanke1You know why I'm saying this...!!

I faced the same issue in cheenai.. You need to limit all your downloads (combined) to 2.5 MbpsNo other option

I faced the same issue in cheenai.. You need to limit all your downloads (combined) to 2.5 Mbps
No other option

How should I LIMIT THE SPEED OF MTNL SIM in Chennai.

Last edited by a moderator:
U can limit download connection in download manager itself.. Otherwise try the software "netbalancer'

U can limit download connection in download manager itself.. Otherwise try the software "netbalancer'

I have already tried softwares like netbalancer and netlimiter but both of them dont seem to be working and also I tried limiting the download speed through IDM but while downloading IDM is showing limited to 200KB/sec but when I check through Bandwith Monitor the speed stays constant but sometimes speeds shown through bandwith manager exceed 300kbps and the internet diconnects. Any help regarding this help is appreciated as I paid 4500 for 6 months internet 2 days back and I dont want it to become a waste.

Netbalancer works fine with me..You can try "Tixati" torrent handler and limit the download to 220KB/s. Also you can use downloadthemall firefox extension and limit the download speed there...Try ccproxy as well. It might do the trick so..

Why did they upgrade the towers with better speeds if they have made it to disconnect if the speeds pass beyond 2.5mbps?!

^^ Disconnection happens only with MTNL Sim if used in Chennai.. If you get a BSNL sim, you will >4 mbps speed.. I guess some logic they must've configured in their switches..

^^ Disconnection happens only with MTNL Sim if used in Chennai.. If you get a BSNL sim, you will >4 mbps speed.. I guess some logic they must've configured in their switches..

Its still disconnecting very often. I need help from some MTNL guy. Inspite of reducing the speed and everything its still not working out as a stable connection as its disconnecting atleast 20 times in an hour. Please someone help me urgently.
Thanks
Anjistha

hold on few more days.its something up with mtn itself..i guess due to changes in apn is happening

can't watch youtube vids as soon as it starts to stream it disconnects !!