Urgent Help Needed - Disconnection While Downloading

vmsanandh

[OP]
Regulars
Oct 27, 2007
Need urgent help regarding frequent disconnection while downloading.

I tried using MTNL (Mumbai) SIM in Tamil Nadu roaming.

In my area, BSNL enabled 7.2 mbps connections. So, whn chked thru SPEEDTEST, I got 5.6 mbps speed. (Access Point : gprsppsmum)

I have no prblm during usual surfing.

But whn I start downloading files, download speed goes to maximum (750 kbps) and immediately disconnects.

I tried with different sites, but the result is same.

Pls help me regarding this issue.

sanke1

Aug 1, 2005
Mumbai
Did you try to limit your download speed to 5 mbps? if it's still disconnecting, keep lowering your speed till no disconnections occur.

vmsanandh

[OP]
Regulars
Oct 27, 2007
Did you try to limit your download speed to 5 mbps? if it's still disconnecting, keep lowering your speed till no disconnections occur.

Could you pls explain how to limit the speed?

sbhas2k

Regular
Regulars
Jun 7, 2011
I faced the same issue in cheenai.. You need to limit all your downloads (combined) to 2.5 MbpsNo other option

anjistha

Aug 13, 2010
I faced the same issue in cheenai.. You need to limit all your downloads (combined) to 2.5 Mbps
No other option

How should I LIMIT THE SPEED OF MTNL SIM in Chennai.
Please send the reply to anjistha2009@gmail.com

sbhas2k

Regular
Regulars
Jun 7, 2011
U can limit download connection in download manager itself.. Otherwise try the software "netbalancer'

anjistha

Aug 13, 2010
U can limit download connection in download manager itself.. Otherwise try the software "netbalancer'

I have already tried softwares like netbalancer and netlimiter but both of them dont seem to be working and also I tried limiting the download speed through IDM but while downloading IDM is showing limited to 200KB/sec but when I check through Bandwith Monitor the speed stays constant but sometimes speeds shown through bandwith manager exceed 300kbps and the internet diconnects. Any help regarding this help is appreciated as I paid 4500 for 6 months internet 2 days back and I dont want it to become a waste.

sbhas2k

Regular
Regulars
Jun 7, 2011
Netbalancer works fine with me..You can try "Tixati" torrent handler and limit the download to 220KB/s. Also you can use downloadthemall firefox extension and limit the download speed there...Try ccproxy as well. It might do the trick so..

Shah Jahan

Regular
Regulars
Jun 24, 2011
Why did they upgrade the towers with better speeds if they have made it to disconnect if the speeds pass beyond 2.5mbps?!